Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Ewww foreign cars hence why GM and all them went bankrupt and now why Detroit is suffering because we were basically America's supplier of cars. >.>

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Right, but it's not 100% value, only 70% value. That was my point. I was always under the impression that if a car is worth $10,000, there had to be $10,000 in damage to total it. In fact, it would only require $7,000 in damage.

While that's true, it's a Galant, worth maybe $5K if it had under 20K miles. Cost of repair on something even that simple would've been around $3500 at least.

Hotshot Avatar
Ewww foreign cars hence why GM and all them went bankrupt and now why Detroit is suffering because we were basically America's supplier of cars. >.>

No, some foreign cars are damned good. Korean cars (Hyundai, Kia) are worthless though. Most European and most Japanese (especially Subaru) are fairly top notch, but with the European cars having terrible electrical problems and the Japanese cars... well rusting apart.

Grace Elaine [Epic Century]

Grace Elaine [Epic Century] Avatar
It's easy to see with out Looking too far that not much is really sacred

February 2008
I have no problems with foreign cars. I will not work on Korean made cars though. Anytime you go to work on one, something else breaks while you're fixing it.

Personally I've owned Toyota's (Celica, Supra, Four Runner, Tundra), Nissans (Frontier, Sylvia, 180 sx, 240 sx, 300 zx, Skyline), and Hondas (88-01 preludes, Civics (including an awd wagon), integras, and an nsx). And the list goes on. But all of those are a far better car then the Dodge Magnum that I had. I had the thing for seven months, and in that time I had to replace all four wheel sensors, an ecu, the cruise control buttons, a heater motor, and the hydraulics on the lift gate. I didn't even hardly drive the son of a bitch either, mainly for the fact that every time I did something broke. Even worse, the SRT4 my ex owned was an absolute piece of shit. First off, the interior was horrible and if something was spilled, there was no cleaning it up because the plastic was horribly textured. I also had to replace both drive shafts, upper and lower front control arms bushings, a head light housing (it separated at the lens seam), and a ignition lock.

I'll never buy another American car again unless it was made before 1991.

newBookmarkLockedFalling