Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
So yesterday I was involved in my first ever car accident.

You can view the pictures here: www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=140332&id=676432999&l=adeb5b8e78 (the link is public so you don't have to have facebook or be my friend to view them)

Basically what happened is the car in front of me stopped to turn left, so i stopped behind them. The car behind me wasn't paying attention and crashed into me at 35mph, pushing my car a good 5 feet forward causing my car to tap the car in front of me.

But on the bright side, we're all ok physically.

PS: I'd prefer if you didn't add me because I use facebook to talk to friends that I know in real life, not random people on the internet.

Last Edit: Sept 11, 2009 4:07:36 GMT by Benjamin
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Blimey some bad damage there - that wouldn't have totalled your car! (:

Glad you're ok though! ^.^

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Its good that your okay. It didn't seem like that bad of an accident but the rear end damage looks pretty bad.

(oh I sent you a facebook add btw Im justin. :D)

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
My dad was in an accident very similar to that. Except he was on a highway with a lot of traffic and the old lady behind him didn't notice the paint spill like everybody else.

The person who hit you wasn't an old lady named Nancy by any chance, was it?
wat

newfieldgrafix
The only accident I've ever been involved in is the on directly caused by my own stupidity. I'm glad you're OK, you getting it fixed?

Ohh, can I add you..?

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar

Elite Mod

November 2006
Nope, she wasn't called Nancy. But it wouldn't surprise me.

And nope, we're not getting it fixed because it's totaled, according to the insurance car inspector guy who came and looked at it today. Which means that my dad and I have the joy of ripping out my audio system.

And sorry, but I'd prefer if you didn't add me, I deny anybody I don't know in real life.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

newfieldgrafix
No biggie.

Did it damage the chassis?

Grace Elaine [Epic Century]

Grace Elaine [Epic Century] Avatar
It's easy to see with out Looking too far that not much is really sacred

February 2008
Yeah, I figured it would be totaled by looking at the pictures (looked at them before reading the rest of the thread). A lot of times if the damage will cost more to repair then what the car's worth, then the insurance company will declare it totaled. You were hit hard enough that it removed the bumper, it also did damage to the rear of the chassis. Since it's a unibody car (most are today) that's a major structural issue, not something that can be pounded out, or pulled, and then repainted and have the bumper bolted back on to it. More then likely it broke the bumper bolts.

Major bummer. Good thing you're alright though.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Actually, it has to be 70% damage or more to be considered "totaled" by the insurance company. Of course, that my differ from one company to the next. I have no idea if it's universal, but my buddy's mom's car got smoked by a drunk driver and it wasn't at 70% of the car's value, so they couldn't get it totaled.

Grace Elaine [Epic Century]

Grace Elaine [Epic Century] Avatar
It's easy to see with out Looking too far that not much is really sacred

February 2008
Lucifer Avatar
Actually, it has to be 70% damage or more to be considered "totaled" by the insurance company. Of course, that my differ from one company to the next. I have no idea if it's universal, but my buddy's mom's car got smoked by a drunk driver and it wasn't at 70% of the car's value, so they couldn't get it totaled.

LikeI said, if the damage repair costs exceed the value of the car. ;)

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Right, but it's not 100% value, only 70% value. That was my point. I was always under the impression that if a car is worth $10,000, there had to be $10,000 in damage to total it. In fact, it would only require $7,000 in damage.

Nocando

Nocando Avatar
clearnonsense.com

Official Member

September 2009
you should blurr your plates out
Recent Articles:

12.08.10 - Top 25 Albums of 2010

12.08.10 - Suicide in Ukraine Caught on Tape MUST SEE!!

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Nocando Avatar

That was my first thought. I did that when I posted the pictures to the car accident i was in a couple years back. it was horrible, about the same thing happened to us, only, my sister's boyfriend at the time was the one who rear-ended a truck that was stopped, and no lights on at the time. I'm actually quite paranoid in vehicles now.

Definitely glad you're okay. Is the one who hit you buying you a new car? haha.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar

Elite Mod

November 2006
Nocando Avatar

No reason to blur them. The car isn't in my name, and if someone managed to find out my information based on that, it would list the wrong address, city, and zip. ;)

Kay - since the car is totaled we're being cut a check for the value of the car (about $4000). I really want a Kia forte, and the one i'm looking at is about $14k. And my parents will pay half of any car I get. So they pay 5k and i pay 5k. And the insurance "pays" 4k.
Lucifer Avatar

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Benjamin Avatar
Nocando Avatar

No reason to blur them. The car isn't in my name, and if someone managed to find out my information based on that, it would list the wrong address, city, and zip. ;)

Kay - since the car is totaled we're being cut a check for the value of the car (about $4000). I really want a Kia forte, and the one i'm looking at is about $14k. And my parents will pay half of any car I get. So they pay 5k and i pay 5k. And the insurance "pays" 4k.

Kia. <3 I want a Kia Sportage.

newBookmarkLockedFalling