Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Does anyone work out (besides Chris because I know he does)? I just started working out yesterday (finally) with some buddies of mine. I haven't really decided what I'm going to focus on yet. I was doing leg extensions and I was able to do the whole stack of weights, so as much as I enjoy those, I'm not exactly sure where to go from there. :P

I definitely need to start running soon. I'm in horrible shape aerobically, but being that I'll be running miles a day for the Navy, I figure I best get started now.

newfieldgrafix
I pretend like I do. But other than the general hike to the bathroom every now and then, I'm pretty lazy. I love this home-student life. I really should though, I just spent (my Mom just spent) hundreds on clothes which are a UK 30", and in the last six months or so, I've gone from 28" to 34". Vacation's next week so I have 5 days to lose 4 inches from a waist. Or they'll go to waste...

..See what I did there..?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I do see what you did there. I'm actually down to a 36, but I'm not sure I can go any smaller. I can feel my hip bones. I'm cursed by my Polish genetics to be "big-boned" as it were. I'm hoping to drop one more size to a 34, but I'm not sure it's even possible.

newfieldgrafix
Take it slow, and don't push yourself. How long you been training?

And yeah 1k!

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
At my skinniest I'm a 28", right now I'm a 30".

I work out four days a week (all isolated area work outs).

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Sept 16, 2009 21:03:14 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Take it slow, and don't push yourself. How long you been training?

And yeah 1k!

Training? As I said, I just started yesterday, but I've done various things over the past couple years to lose 50 pounds, so I'm no stranger to lifting and exercise.

Last Edit: Sept 16, 2009 21:31:26 GMT by Lucifer

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
this winter i plan on going back to the gym and working out again.. work life slows down some so i will have more time to hit the gym.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Jesus fucking christ, I need a gym in my apartment. It's small enough already, but I'm thinking about converting the bathroom into a machine that does multiple things.

:)

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Does anyone work out (besides Chris because I know he does)? I just started working out yesterday (finally) with some buddies of mine. I haven't really decided what I'm going to focus on yet. I was doing leg extensions and I was able to do the whole stack of weights, so as much as I enjoy those, I'm not exactly sure where to go from there. :P

I definitely need to start running soon. I'm in horrible shape aerobically, but being that I'll be running miles a day for the Navy, I figure I best get started now.

What do you mean you're deciding to "focus" on something exactly?

My personal advice would be to drop the machines and start doing a full-body routine based around barbell exercises. It's without a doubt the fastest way to get results (dependent on your goals, of course), especially for a novice or someone getting back into the thick of things.

Anyway, if you need any tips let me know and I'll be glad to help. I'm not super strong (yet) but I've done my research. :P

Last Edit: Sept 17, 2009 20:23:53 GMT by Ess Ohh

Nocando

Nocando Avatar
clearnonsense.com

Official Member

September 2009
Lucifer Avatar

if you did the whole rack then you probably didnt start in the right position and your feet were most likely not bent enough. i see this all the time where I work out, but maybe youre just that strong ;D
Recent Articles:

12.08.10 - Top 25 Albums of 2010

12.08.10 - Suicide in Ukraine Caught on Tape MUST SEE!!

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Ess Ohh Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

My personal advice would be to drop the machines and start doing a full-body routine based around barbell exercises. It's without a doubt the fastest way to get results (dependent on your goals, of course), especially for a novice or someone getting back into the thick of things.

Anyway, if you need any tips let me know and I'll be glad to help. I'm not super strong (yet) but I've done my research. :P

I prefer free weights, actually, as opposed to machines, but there's not a lot you can do with your legs other than run or squat (which I suck at).

As for what I mean by focus, I just mean I don't really know what part of my body I need to work on most and where I'm at as far as what I can lift.

Nocando Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

if you did the whole rack then you probably didnt start in the right position and your feet were most likely not bent enough. i see this all the time where I work out, but maybe youre just that strong ;D

No, I did it fine. My legs are just very built. I was in my school's performance of Fiddler on the Roof last year and did those ridiculous Russian dances. I'm not sure what they're called, but when they drop down, then bounce back up with their feet pointed out. You'll see it in that video. I did that stuff a lot. So yeah, my legs are strong. :P

Kim

Kim Avatar
Lets get messy

Dedicated Member

June 2009
Yeah, got some home gym equipment so I spend a few days a week on those.
Zatch Design 3.0 now released!
Participate in our £10 / $17 Design Competition!

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Ess Ohh Avatar

I prefer free weights, actually, as opposed to machines, but there's not a lot you can do with your legs other than run or squat (which I suck at).

As for what I mean by focus, I just mean I don't really know what part of my body I need to work on most and where I'm at as far as what I can lift.

Well that's the thing. you need to work on all of your body. focusing too much on one area is going to create muscle imbalances. using a well-balanced routine will hit the weakest areas the hardest anyway and they'll catch up eventually (assuming there are imbalances to start with).

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Ess Ohh Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Well that's the thing. you need to work on all of your body. focusing too much on one area is going to create muscle imbalances. using a well-balanced routine will hit the weakest areas the hardest anyway and they'll catch up eventually (assuming there are imbalances to start with).

This is true, but my legs don't really need to be worked much because they've always been abnormally strong (at least compared to the rest of my body). And things like my triceps are well developed from many pushups, so I should work those less than say my biceps or abs or what-have-you. I know I need to be well-balanced, but the fact is that my muscles are already unbalanced, so I need to work on fixing that, and that's by working my weakest muscles most and my strongest muscles least.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I know that, but what I said before was a balanced routine will sort those issues by itself. The weakest areas will naturally get hit the hardest and catch up with the rest of your body. When I started benching my right arm was weaker than my left. I didn't work my right arm out more with isolation exercises; I just kept benching and the issue resolved itself. When I started squatting my knees would buckle. I didn't do quad or ham isolation exercises, I just kept squatting, etc. etc. You have no way to tell anyway when you reach a muscle "balance" anyway so you might as well let your body take care of it.

Also working your legs will transfer eventually to the upper body. Your body is smarter than you think and wants to keep itself at some sort of equilibrium. If your legs are as strong as you say they are, your upper body will eventually catch up with more strength and growth. Plus most of your muscle mass and testosterone is part of the lower body so you'd be missing out not working on it.

Last Edit: Sept 19, 2009 22:24:44 GMT by Ess Ohh

newBookmarkLockedFalling