Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
So last night I took my first salsa dancing class. Despite the fact that I have a horrible sense of rhythm I still had a pretty good time.

Anyone else here do any form of dancing (club grinding excluded)?

Last Edit: Sept 22, 2009 20:58:07 GMT by Eric

newfieldgrafix
Here's a tip I've found useful; count to 4 every time you make a step.
"One step, two step, three step and four..."

Gives you a little feel for rhythm. I bet by the time you get to the end of the block, you'll be doing a little more than walking ;)

Hope it helps.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Sept 22, 2009 21:04:38 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Here's a tip I've found useful; count to 4 every time you make a step.
"One step, two step, three step and four..."

Gives you a little feel for rhythm. I bet by the time you get to the end of the block, you'll be doing a little more than walking ;)

Hope it helps.
Haha, thanks, I'll give it a try.

I've been doing the practices they told us to. In my class, we have to test out of a level to go on to the next, so you can't just keep on going.

I actually find it to be a good thing that they do this though, otherwise I'd quickly be getting way out of my league (I think).

newfieldgrafix
I guess the idiomatic thing would be 'take it at your own pace...'

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I'm a fairly decent dancer. I just have a very good grasp of rhythm and I'm good on my feet. Nothing overly complicated. Last time I danced (other than your typical grinding and shit to hip-hop), I was doing jazz/swing dancing. I just watch people do something and then I go do it. It comes to me naturally for some reason. I was also one of like 3 people in my dance class in 10th grade who could salsa. I really want to take dance lessons so I can learn to swing dance better. It's SO fun.

Good luck with your lessons. Dancing is a great way to enjoy music and exercise and all that other shit that makes life awesome.

Nocando

Nocando Avatar
clearnonsense.com

Official Member

September 2009
I breakdance, if that counts. For 6 years now
Recent Articles:

12.08.10 - Top 25 Albums of 2010

12.08.10 - Suicide in Ukraine Caught on Tape MUST SEE!!

newBookmarkLockedFalling