Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
So I've had a lot of fun over the past two weeks.

My heater fan switch in my car died about two weeks ago. Basically my car wouldn't blow air, cold or hot. Normally this wouldn't be a big problem, but I live in Florida, where life sucks and the temperature "feels like" 102.

So instead of taking it to the shop, I figured, what the hell, I'll fix it myself.

So firstly I tried replacing the fan's resistor, since it could have been that as well. It wasn't, but I only spent a whole day taking apart the inside of my car to find it (I'm not really a mechanic-type person, so putting it back together was a lot of fun).

So after getting the switch I pulled my front console out, replaced the part, and ultimately the AC worked fine. However, my stereo was now broken.

I already had the console out, so I figured, what the hell, I'll just replace it myself. I bought a new one, got the adapters and the harness.

I realized, after assembling half the kit, that Best Buy had sold me the wrong adapter. So I went to return it and get the right one. To which they told me "If it wasn't that one, then it's this one." So I took the part, went back to my car and checked out the adapter. Again, it wasn't the right part. So I returned it once more and finally got the proper adapter.

I got my stereo in and that was working dandy. Two days later, when I was driving at night, I noticed that the lights on my dash (behind the speedometer and such) weren't on.

So now that's where I am. Long story short, hire a mechanic if you don't know what you're doing. Life is so much easier that way.

newBookmarkLockedFalling