Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
So I got a call from my recruiter today. I was supposed to be leaving for Basic Training in July. Apparently, my MOS is a critical MOS and now they're bring all sorts of people in and shipping them out in the next month. By doing that, by the time I leave for Basic, I might have to change my MOS if it's overmanned (there is a big possibility of that). So, I got the option to leave sometime between the end of the month and early next month.

I said yes. I'm not about to lose the job (MOS) I have because I think I'll enjoy the shit out of it. So as much as it sucks, I won't be here much longer. I may not even be here for Halloween. I need to think about my future, so that's what I'm doing. I'll still be around for a bit, though. :)

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Damn, dude. That blows. I was really enjoying talking to you. lol. Oh well, like you said, you gotta look out for your future. Good luck with it. :)

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Lucky for you, you only know me through the internet, and after the 9 weeks of Basic, I can have a computer and shit, so I'll be back. It'll just be a temporary leave from the internet forums.

newfieldgrafix
Best of luck with everything Luci. Look after yourself!

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Good luck with the training, and I hope you do enjoy the shit out of your MOS.

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Good luck in training and life. :) I wish you well and I can't wait to see you back.. :D

Jesse

Jesse Avatar
Just a mother doing graphic designing!

May 2007
:'( Be safe Lucifer. I have a friend that is over seas in the Marines. Luckily he hasn't been hurt yet, but should really look out for yourself.
I don't do graphics anymore! Leave me alone about it!

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
...ugh. I'll suck it up and say, "Enjoy." Also, just don't change from the Luci we all know and love. Simple. <3

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Good luck man. Hopefully we'll see you in 9 weeks or so.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
The military, in their infinite wisdom, fucked shit up.

Short story: I'm still leaving in July as originally planned. I'm not going to get into details because it's a long, boring explanation, and really boils down to a failure of communication within the higher ups in the Navy.

So you guys are stuck with me. :D

newfieldgrafix
Yay! So what's happening with your training?

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Lucifer Avatar
The military, in their infinite wisdom, fucked shit up.

Short story: I'm still leaving in July as originally planned. I'm not going to get into details because it's a long, boring explanation, and really boils down to a failure of communication within the higher ups in the Navy.

So you guys are stuck with me. :D
Awesome!

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Oct 27, 2009 2:54:56 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Yay! So what's happening with your training?

Nothing. I just leave for Basic in July instead of like...this week or next week. So yeah. But it's more time for me to get in shape and hang out with friends. I've actually started hanging out with some new people and become incredibly close with some people who I never thought I would, so it's actually nice (despite the fact that I was finally 100% mentally prepared to leave, like, now).

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Damnit. I was really looking forward to the peaceful and quiet life without you. Damn you, Navy! *shakes fist*

newBookmarkLockedFalling