Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Speak is my personal pet project of the last three weeks. I am not at all satisfied with Adium and iChat on OS X, so I set out to make my own multi-protocol instant messaging program. This is an ongoing effort and I plan to add more concepts as time goes on as well as modify the ones already submitted.

Please note that there are no plans to make this into a real app at the moment, although I do intend on at least trying to get it made (possibly as a fork of the Adium project).

Make sure you download each image to view full size. All information is in the images
Contact List Concept
Message Window Concept
Video Chat Concept

Any suggestions or feature ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for viewing. :)

newfieldgrafix
I dunno Josh, it is very good. But I'm getting Pidgin vibes at the minute. The difference is I don't think Pidgin supports video.

Last Edit: Oct 11, 2009 2:09:43 GMT by newfieldgrafix

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Oct 11, 2009 2:08:54 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
I dunno Josh, it is very good. But I'm getting Pidgin vibes at the minute. The difference is I don't think Pidgin supports video.

Other than the fact that it would likely be based on the liburple engine and Pidgin's Mac equivalent (Adium, although it wouldn't resemble Adium at all and Adium itself doesn't resemble Pidgin at all), how is this anything like Pidgin?

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
For me, Messenger Mac is good enough, yes it doesn't support video or microphone chat... But I don't feel strongly enough to change.... :P
Looking for a coder, PM me.

newBookmarkLockedFalling