Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

newfieldgrafix
OK, so we've got a pretty large graphic section, a code section and literary section.

What about an audio section?

Like:

Audio and Multimedia
- Wave and MIDI
- - Thread 1
- - Thread 4
- - Thread 3

Tutorials
- - Thread 1
- - Thread 4
- - Thread 3

Auditorium (sort of personal showcase type board)
- - Thread 1
- - Thread 4
- - Thread 3

Dunno, just a thought.

Last Edit: Oct 12, 2009 10:43:20 GMT by newfieldgrafix

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
We're a web design community. We don't have personnel to deal with this...

newfieldgrafix
I didn't know that. I'd be willing to put some time in it though.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Ok, so I kinda get that you're suggesting it as a resource of some kind, but how exactly do you envision it working?

Also, that's not exactly something that's common to SZ... so that wouldn't help.

newfieldgrafix
Sort of like the current Graphics sections. The Lit corner works, so I reckon with a little input, this could.

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Seems like it would be a cool idea, but then again, with copyrights and all we would have to be careful.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I just don't see how this works. We're a web development community. I just don't see where any activity would come from (and bring up the Literature section was a bad idea since that board has been one of the most inactive boards since it was created)

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
I have to agree with Josh.. Although the concept is a good idea, we'd constantly be dealing with copyright issues, and as far as I know, there aren't many people here who deal with audio on a daily basis, so the activity in the board would be low.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Josh kinda just worded what I said better. :P Basically, we don't have enough people currently who could support the category/board. (Also, lit board = dead = might be going soon.)

And I don't see the exact purpose behind the board either.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Benjamin Avatar
as far as I know, there aren't many people here who deal with audio on a daily basis

HEY NAO MISTER! >:(

I has a better idea (no, not really, but this gave me an idea). How's about an all-encompassing "Showcase" board? It could cover music, literature, movies, etc. Just something for people to show off their talents. I do a lot of song covers in videos that I have on Facebook, and I record original tracks every now and again, so I know I could contribute that much. It would make the Lit board less dead (because it'd be more than just literature, and then we wouldn't have to scrap all the things people have posted thus far).

Just my 2 cents.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Lucifer Avatar
How's about an all-encompassing "Showcase" board? It could cover music, literature, movies, etc. Just something for people to show off their talents.

The description on the Showcase is "Got anything that you want commented or rated? Go ahead and show us your best!"

It doesn't specify what category it has to relate to, so as far as I'm concerned, knock yourself out! ;)
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Benjamin Avatar
Lucifer Avatar
How's about an all-encompassing "Showcase" board? It could cover music, literature, movies, etc. Just something for people to show off their talents.

The description on the Showcase is "Got anything that you want commented or rated? Go ahead and show us your best!"

It doesn't specify what category it has to relate to, so as far as I'm concerned, knock yourself out! ;)

Also, note how it's in the General category and not the Graphics category. :P

(Also, all lit stuff will get merged with the showcase if I ever get rid of that. Just an FYI.)

newfieldgrafix
I see where you're all coming from. Maybe in the future somtime. As for the copyright thing, I was talking about user created stuff only.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
Benjamin Avatar

Also, note how it's in the General category and not the Graphics category. :P

Is it really? O_o

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Oct 13, 2009 8:14:23 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
I see where you're all coming from. Maybe in the future somtime. As for the copyright thing, I was talking about user created stuff only.

That's what the graphics sections are for as well. User created stuff. There is still a shitload of ripping that happens though. That's as much copyright infringement as posting a song would be, only not as much of a fine if they got sued.

newBookmarkLockedFalling