Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
Well, I'm happy with this. 'Bout 5 hours work, and about 100 layers... For you Zell Denver! :P

iiPod.
Looking for a coder, PM me.

newfieldgrafix
Has a sort of 'House' look about him...
The construction is utterly perfect. The hair is very analogous (as hair should be). [Reader's note: I just Googled Hugh Laurie LOL].

OK, so it is House. The impression I get now (knowing who he is), he's just done a 24hour shift and come straight from stabilizing a code blue on the 6th floor. He is stressed and more to the point low on caffeine. You portray the character perfectly in this, your second vector.

I can really see this on marketing media (if Fox move to this style). The only thing; is the shading. Maybe pick out his features a little with deeper colors for the shaded areas and lines. Maybe add a little dimension to The neck area too.

I know that shading and curved gradients can be a pain in vectogarphy, but the end results would be 'deeper'.

The eyes are very House. They show his stress, his intellect and his character. Eyes are hard in 'life like' renders, considering that they tell so much.

I'm rating you a 5 for:
Effort, the fact that this is your second vector, character portrayal, the depth of the hair, the eyes and the overall quality.

:: rate 5 ::

You have made remarkable progress in literally just over a day.

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
The Yoda vector is fairly old, but anyway, this is still my second... But thanks. I know this is really desaturated, and when I do my next one, I'm really gonna concentrate on getting some contrast in the shading.

Some of the features aren't distinguishable... It's hard when you're zoomed in and trying to make it lookies like someone... =P

Thankies again, you're awesome... :)

newfieldgrafix
I know, at 2000% zoom I get a little thrown (I use Flash, what do ou use?).

You're welcome, and I know...

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
Photoshop CS4. :)

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Just some quick thoughts

-The face is waaaay too flat. I can hardly differentiate the features. I would try making his cheekbones more pronounced and adding slight bags under his eyes (there is a hint of them there already, just darken it a bit)
-I can't tell if the dark spot on his suit jacket is the collar of the jacket or the shadow from the collar. If it is the collar itself, add in a shadow to make it look like a collar
-Shadows from the hair would really help with the flat looking face
-Laurie's beard should be connected to his sideburns

I have to give you credit, though. I came into this thread expecting something that didn't look like him at all. It definitely does look like him. lol

Note: My critiques tend to focus more on areas that can be improved, and not areas that are good as-is. As such, my responses may seem overly negative. I apologize for this in advance and mean no disrespect, it just how I critique.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
holy lack of eyebrows batman!

But srsly. Good job. :P
k

newfieldgrafix
Andrew McGivery Avatar
holy lack of eyebrows batman!

But srsly. Good job. :P

Ha! I didn't notice that! Some critic I turned out to be...

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
Ahhh crap... :P

If there's anyone famous who someone feels they would like to seem them vectored, say so, I wanna have some more practice...

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Gary Busey. For sure.

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
I looked him up a bit weird... xD But no thanks, I may stick with my original plan...

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Gary Busey is like the greatest living person, dude. You gotta do it. haha. :P

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
OK... I'll start it tomorrow, a week 'till it's done I think... xD

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
iiPod Avatar
Ahhh crap... :P

If there's anyone famous who someone feels they would like to seem them vectored, say so, I wanna have some more practice...

do me next. :P
k

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
Haha, OK, I will... xD

newBookmarkLockedFalling