Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
Did you realise that in just about ALL the design boards (SSD, SZ and others) have more than half the posts in their general section? Isn't that strange? Isn't graphics forum all about graphics and web development?

Surely there's more to it than general chat, but people seem to like...chat in design boards instead of a normal, general forum.

::)

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
I join GFX boards because they're the most active, and then I generally only post in the General section. That's my reasoning ;)

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Yeah...that way the web designers have a place to chat after they do their thing. But hopefully we can get the "general" section to be more active here.

Last Edit: Sept 25, 2005 18:20:55 GMT by Ess Ohh

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
Also, if I have something graphical I wish to post, I'm in the right place :)

Proxima Centauri

Proxima Centauri Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
Most people join Design boards as they are bored and want a nice active forum to post in. I for one, tend to stick to the general boards and maybe the showoff, rather than posting in tutorials, premades etc.

Luke

Luke Avatar

August 2005
I think its partly normal. Whats wrong with wanting to kick back and enjoy? Theres not much to talk talk about all the time with Graphics Ect.

chikku

chikku Avatar
Chu ^^!

September 2005
Does seem kinda strange x.x but if you notice with Role play forums its totally the oppiste

Most likely theres less posts in genral and more in the role play section. I know when my forum was active no one wanted to post in genral but just post in role play and sign off .__.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") <Add this bunny to your sig to help him take over the world

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I've noticed that too.

Its mainly because, people join to request a few things, or get things (codes/graphics), and then they may decide to stick around and post, or once the staff has no more work, they post in general too.

nooki

nooki Avatar

July 2006
yea lol...I agree with CD on this.

Spektral

Spektral Avatar

July 2009
It's not the fact that people are posting there that is the problem, it's a matter of pointless spam posts below five words, or posts in which grammar seeme to be a figment of imagination, or a fantasy in which a post is structured perfectly, or perhaps with just a little enough sense in it so it would be legit.

O_o

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Well, I am a graphics designer, though I'm not very talented, I mostly join them to improve my skills, But I will admit, that most of my posts are in the General boards. :P

But over at SSD, I have battled in the Duels board a few times. :P But mainly to practice. But I have been spending most of my time here.

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
I've been in a duel with Nooki for ages. You guys aren't voting in it!

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Because the General Boards are more fun. If there wasn't one, then Design Boards would never have many posts. Since you can post a code and get maybe 2-3 pages of comments if you're lucky and premades never get comments so general boards and intros are the places to get posts.

Mulan

Mulan Avatar
Hello world!

Official Member

September 2005
There's a broader range of things to post about in General Boards. For coding areas, you go there, look for a code, and don't even post. For graphics areas, you go there, request, and say thanks about once or twice every week depending on if you can design or not.
Sincerely,
Mulan

craz

craz Avatar

Dedicated Member

September 2005
exactly what I was going to say Mulan :) I come to hone my skills on coding/graphics, and make friends with other people with the same interest as me :)
Ion displacement won't work in the basement
Especially when I'm not with you- Vampire Weekend

art+jams+fake+social

newBookmarkLockedFalling