Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008

Yes, a Windows 7, 7 patty Whopper. Available in Japan for roughly $8 for one week only. Damn.

newfieldgrafix
You bet wrong...

I'm already banned from a local McDonald's for my "unusual demands". Honestly, walking in there with like £40 on an empty stomach... Burger King don't like mwe either. I've never asked for a Whopper with 7 burgers...

..I will though, next time and post pics.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Oct 22, 2009 14:47:23 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
You bet wrong...

I'm already banned from a local McDonald's for my "unusual demands". Honestly, walking in there with like £40 on an empty stomach... Burger King don't like mwe either. I've never asked for a Whopper with 7 burgers...

..I will though, next time and post pics.

Unusual demands? Such as..

I need a double cheese burger and hold the lettuce
Don't be frontin son -- no seeds on the bun
We be up in this drive through order for two

...win. Such a great video. lol

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
For $8, I think I'd buy like 10. That's food for a couple months right there.

newfieldgrafix
Nah, I go stupid at McDonald's, I'm their worst customer, but also their number 1 source of revenue (or I'd better be). But yeah, plain mac, only cheese meal x5 with Coke, no ice. It's not an overly complicated order, but when it goes wrong...

It's OK to say they're busy, yadda, and mistakes happen; but they're not busy and mistakes wouldn't happen if they listend. I know it sounds like I'm lacin' into McD's staff, I'm not. I know all the guys at my local resteraunt, and they care about as much as they give a crap.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCHhWX205bY

The thing is the size of his head. x_o

combo

combo Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
To the title of this thread, thats, what....he....said?
"I'd decapitate him, then shit down his neck"

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
combo Avatar
To the title of this thread, thats, what....he....said?

Joke fail.

And yeah, I'm not really that surprised by this. Microsoft has been doing all sorts of weird things to promote Windows 7. They even opened a cafe in France for that one purpose.
wat

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Scorpian Avatar

Joke fail.

And yeah, I'm not really that surprised by this. Microsoft has been doing all sorts of weird things to promote Windows 7. They even opened a cafe in France for that one purpose.

And we wonder why they have to charge so much for new OS's :P

...they've never done this sort of promotion. Windows 7 is actually cheaper than their usual prices, too, and they are promoting it waaaaay more than previous releases.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Josh Avatar

...they've never done this sort of promotion. Windows 7 is actually cheaper than their usual prices, too, and they are promoting it waaaaay more than previous releases.

Why? I think XP to Vista (or ME to XP) was a bigger jump than Vista to 7.

Sigh. You're one of those people who think that if an update doesn't bring hundreds of new features, it's not worth your time. You completely underestimate under-the-hood improvements such as stability, speed, and just simple improvements.

By the way, ME was one of the worst OSs to ever be released. It was released a few months after 2000 (an excellent OS, btw) and had a support-life of more than 4 years less. XP was actually rushed to release because of how bad ME was. So, I negate that example.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Thank you for confirming what I had thought. 7 is a huuuge jump for Windows. Just because it does not look any different (which it does. the new taskbar is great,for example), does not mean it isn't different. Compatibility, resource handling, OS size, speed, stability, security, etc. are all just as, if not more, important than looks.

To be brutally honest here, it's Mactards like you that give the rest of us Mac lovers a bad reputation. From what I can tell, you blindly love Apple.

Last Edit: Oct 25, 2009 4:36:41 GMT by Josh

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Josh Avatar
Thank you for confirming what I had thought. 7 is a huuuge jump for Windows. Just because it does not look any different (which it does. the new taskbar is great,for example), does not mean it isn't different. Compatibility, resource handling, OS size, speed, stability, security, etc. are all just as, if not more, important than looks.

To be brutally honest here, it's Mactards like you that give the rest of us Mac lovers a bad reputation. From what I can tell, you blindly love Apple.

I know it... im a mactard :'(

lol @ some company lover trying to convince us he has feelings.
k

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
At least he admitted it. It doesn't make him a better human being, but admitting he has a problem is the first step to fixing it.
wat

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar

Like Josh said, an OS is far more than looks. That's one of the reasons Vista failed so hard. They were trying too hard to make Vista look good so that it ended up running like shit. 7 is, from what limited first-hand reviews I've heard, FAR superior to Vista. It's a huge jump and exactly what Windows users need.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
wait. How the hell did a thread about peppers turn into a windows vs mac thread? O_o

lmfao. wrong thread.

Last Edit: Oct 26, 2009 2:56:45 GMT by Andrew McGivery
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling