Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Okay, I'm not a staff member, so I don't have to pretend like I don't see what's going on, so I'm gonna go ahead and skip all the ambiguity:

Xuzi, you are the ONLY one--let me repeat--the ONLY one who cares about karma. And if you're not the only one who cares, you're the only one making an issue out of it. The fact of the matter is that Studio Zero has a LOT of coding to make everything look and run the way it does. To remove something like karma would take an immense amount of time and effort. Not only does neither Chris nor Ben want to do that, but ESPECIALLY when it's over complaints of ONE, I say again, ONE member who is getting smitten too much.

Furthermore, though karma is relatively pointless, most members who do use it tend to do so for it's exact purpose. No one is just smiting you "for the lulz" or because they hate you. They do it because you make what they consider a bad post. Either it's pointless, insulting, annoying, whatever. There is no rule saying members have to agree with what you say. No one has publicly insulted you. No one has harassed or ridiculed you. They see a bad post and smite you. That's how it works. Why do you think Chris has like 200+ karma or whatever he has? Because people LOVE his posts and all the hard work he goes through for them and for SZ. You want a higher karma?

Stop your fucking bitching and earn it.

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar
Okay, I'm not a staff member, so I don't have to pretend like I don't see what's going on, so I'm gonna go ahead and skip all the ambiguity:

Xuzi, you are the ONLY one--let me repeat--the ONLY one who cares about karma. And if you're not the only one who cares, you're the only one making an issue out of it. The fact of the matter is that Studio Zero has a LOT of coding to make everything look and run the way it does. To remove something like karma would take an immense amount of time and effort. Not only does neither Chris nor Ben want to do that, but ESPECIALLY when it's over complaints of ONE, I say again, ONE member who is getting smitten too much.

Furthermore, though karma is relatively pointless, most members who do use it tend to do so for it's exact purpose. No one is just smiting you "for the lulz" or because they hate you. They do it because you make what they consider a bad post. Either it's pointless, insulting, annoying, whatever. There is no rule saying members have to agree with what you say. No one has publicly insulted you. No one has harassed or ridiculed you. They see a bad post and smite you. That's how it works. Why do you think Chris has like 200+ karma or whatever he has? Because people LOVE his posts and all the hard work he goes through for them and for SZ. You want a higher karma?

Stop your fucking bitching and earn it.

Admin > General > Disable Karma...?

Anyway, It's funny that you say no one insults or harassed, yet its all you do.

And it must mean people hate your posts if you have -? Because after all, you just said its for people that make good posts.

BTW, its a suggestion thread, but you of course come on and quote something I say and think of the worst thing to possibly say to me.

Grow up, and oh... stay on topic. All you need to say is why or why not karma should be turned on.
------

EDIT: and if its just for people that "earn" it, why do I see you asking for karma, why can people buy it, and why did i see someone with 9k?
--------

EDIT 2: Also, If I'm the only one talking/making threads about it, why did I see you as the author of one? Hmm...

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
All of SZ's skins have custom mini-profiles. Disabling karma would mess with the mini-profiles. Chris would have to recode all the mini-profiles, most likely.

Ben has 9000 as a joke.

Lucifer made that thread as a joke. To try and make fun of your two karma posts. I thought that much was obvious.

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
xmsteel Avatar
Josh Avatar
All of SZ's skins have custom mini-profiles. Disabling karma would mess with the mini-profiles. Chris would have to recode all the mini-profiles, most likely.

Ben has 9000 as a joke.

Lucifer made that thread as a joke. To try and make fun of your two karma posts. I thought that much was obvious.

Cool, Lucifer, read here.

forum.sz-ex.com/index.cgi?board=news&action=display&thread=12390

That post is asking for trouble, just to let you know.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Before this gets any more out of hand, I'm locking it. Xuzi: I think it is pretty clear that karma isn't going anywhere. Anymore threads about it will receive an automatic lock. Also, if you haven't noticed, Lucifer has posted in that thread. In fact, Ben made it BECAUSE Lucifer posted that thread mocking your karma threads.

So that is that. End of discussion. No more Karma threads. :)

newBookmarkLockedFalling