Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
I was browsing around through all of the skins, wondering whether or not it was time to change, when I noticed there was an extra piece in my custom title. With most skins, it just went away once the page loaded completely. However, in the April Fools skins, it still is there.

"Kay's Alien. Touch & die.[p:60]"

That's what I see. So I am mostly curious, since I don't want to dig through javascript files, to know what it's for... but why it seems to be there in those two skins. Looking through the profiles of some other people, I saw nothing like it.

..additionally, I'm also curious to know why I cannot unhide the current events bit in the info center. I don't mind so much, it'd be hidden most times anyway, but I noticed I could not unhide it today.

Last Edit: Oct 27, 2009 1:04:26 GMT by Jim

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
The [p:xxx] is leftover from when your points were found in your custom title. We've since switched the system so that this isn't needed. We just never got around to removing it from everyones profile.

Jim Avatar
..additionally, I'm also curious to know why I cannot unhide the current events bit in the info center. I don't mind so much, it'd be hidden most times anyway, but I noticed I could not unhide it today.

which skin?

Last Edit: Oct 27, 2009 1:16:19 GMT by Benjamin
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Benjamin Avatar
The [p:xxx] is leftover from when your points were found in your custom title. We've since switched the system so that this isn't needed. We just never got around to removing it from everyones profile.

Jim Avatar

which skin?

Why was it not displayed on most other skins?

And...I can't unhide it on any skin.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
My best guess is that the code Chris uses to hide the points bracket isn't global, but is actually included in the four major skins.

As for being unable to unhide it on any skin.. try clicking here to see if that fixes it
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
I know that there's that way to do it by URL (which does work, of course). I was just curious as to why there's no link like there are for most users online. More curiously, how mine got hidden in the first place :P.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Because you shouldn't be able to hide it on any skin? :P Or if you can, I'll need to fix that.

But yeah, that's left over from the points. All it takes is modifying your profile by a staff member to remove it. I'll do that now (assuming it wasn't already gone.)

It's also now on my to-do list to add a

remover for those skins. :) Thanks for letting me know.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Chris Avatar
Because you shouldn't be able to hide it on any skin? :P Or if you can, I'll need to fix that.

You only can if you know the direct URL. I'm not sure you'd be able to stop that one :P.

newBookmarkLockedFalling