Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
Someone asked me to do a quick template for them, so I did...

I know it's very rushed, they only asked for a quick thing, so it was... :P
Looking for a coder, PM me.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
A few things

-Color. Color. Color. NEVER go with a monotone website unless you are Dredge Report. Everything on the page is within a few shades of that green color, making the template very monotonous. Also, the lack of contrast makes it uninteresting and difficult to read
-Speaking of reading, the are two essential rules that I think should always be followed: 1) Keep It Simple Stupid, or KISS, and 2) Keep text grayscale. The one that applies to you, obviously, is 2. Having grayscale text (hueless text, or white, black, and gray) makes it easier to avoid contrast issues (see the bottom of the "Me" section). It also forces you to use more colors to make the text readable throughout the design, helping out my first point
-Images would really help things out. This obviously isn't a forum template where photos are unneeded, so get some stock photos in there. It'll help, again, to make it more readable, and make it so that your eyes have something to look at other than just a massive wall of text, which makes it much more approachable.
-Make the buttons smaller. Your navigation (and the search box) is the main focus of your design right now. That's another one of those rules: Never take the attention away from the content of the page with something other than more content.

So yeah, If you would like more, just ask. :)

Note: My critiques tend to focus more on areas that can be improved, and not areas that are good as-is. As such, my responses may seem overly negative. I apologize for this in advance and mean no disrespect, it just how I critique.

Last Edit: Oct 27, 2009 20:56:45 GMT by Josh

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
Nah, 'tis fine, thanks. I'm going through a real monotone phase, and it's not helping... Like I say, it was a quick thing, but you're right. There are definite faults.

Thanks for taking the time to write out the helpful critique. :)

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
Really? Thanks Xuzi. :)

newBookmarkLockedFalling