Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Yay for IE8 not supporting CSS standards. All Chris did was change the opacity of non-achieved-achievements using some CSS. And, of course, IE8 hates web standards.

I'm sure Chris has a workaround, though. He always does. (hopefully it isn't just using semi-transparent images, though. That'd be a pain to do to all those images)

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Something as simple as filter: alpha(opacity = 50); would sort this?

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
JD Avatar

Yeah, he'd just have to break out of web standards and use those God-awful filters. Although, I believe there is a workaround I read about, but hell if I remember what it may have been.

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Jim Avatar
JD Avatar

Yeah, he'd just have to break out of web standards and use those God-awful filters. Although, I believe there is a workaround I read about, but hell if I remember what it may have been.

I agree that IE especially IE8 has fallen behind in web standards. You'd have thought that after 7 or even 6 they'd have learnt. But, it's not too much hassle for this particular issue to pop that into the CSS style. Iunno, there are a lot of worse issues.

Just don't use IE, problem solved. :)

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Then download FF on your parent's desktop :P

Either way, it either needs abandoning or serious rewriting.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Then install portable Firefox on a flash drive. :P

newfieldgrafix
I noticed it in IE7 ages ago, I just assumed that the code was not compatible with IE.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Oct 28, 2009 17:35:27 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
I noticed it in IE7 ages ago, I just assumed that the code was not compatible with IE.

IE sucks anyway, so it doesnt really matter. I just noticed it when I was on my parents because they dont have safari or firefox.

Do you have technical information to back that statement up, or are you just being a lemming to what everyone else says?

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
I remember this being brought to Chris' attention in the past?

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Jim Avatar

Do you have technical information to back that statement up, or are you just being a lemming to what everyone else says?

I have two videos on my youtube that back up why IE isnt good. I'll link you if you are really that interested.

Mate, I've been working with computers all my life and programming for the last five-six years. IE is not as bad as what people say. It doesn't follow web standards, but it is getting better about that.

That said, I was only curious to know if you were blindly following Firefox, like what most people do, or if you had actual information about the browser. So sure, go ahead and drop me those links in my inbox, I'm curious to see how full of shit they are, and how truthful they are. Oh, and just to note, I'm not an IE fan, nor a Firefox fan, I use Opera more than anything else.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
James: I obviously blindly follow Chrome like everyone who hates on Firefox and IE. :P (I use Fx, so this is obviously full of shit.)

Anyways, I thought I fixed this. o.O I'll take a look at it this weekend hopefully.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Chris Avatar
James: I obviously blindly follow Chrome like everyone who hates on Firefox and IE. :P (I use Fx, so this is obviously full of shit.)

Anyways, I thought I fixed this. o.O I'll take a look at it this weekend hopefully.

...but how often do you bash the other two? :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Jim Avatar
Chris Avatar

...but how often do you bash the other two? :P

I bash IE for being slow and lack of standards. I bash Safari for being stupid in general. The rest I have no problem with. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling