Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
www.engadget.com/2009/10/27/the-twitterpeek-is-a-peek-for-twitter/

Peek's never been one to shy away from the wacky and opportunistic marketing schemes but launching a whole product just for Twitter? That's courage, drive, and possibly a mental health issue. Yet here's the TwitterPeek -- what looks to be the same old Peek you know, love, and probably haven't purchased, stripped of its email and SMS functionality and re-oriented towards telling the entire world too much about your body and what you're doing to it every waking moment of the day.

I laughed when I saw this. Who in their right mind is going to pay $200 for something you can do for free on your computer, phone, or iPod?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
That's a horribly steep pricetag, but it's not bad in theory. The fact that Twitter is nothing more than status updates makes it vastly inferior and entirely useless compared to Facebook. But having a device does make it easier to maintain over Facebook.

Problem is, most people don't have dinosaur phones like mine (it isn't really) and updating Facebook is not only easy, but often done via phone instead of computer simply because of its convenience. So to make a device that does that for Twitter in this day in age is just stupid. They'd be better off making an application for iPhones (and other smartphones) instead of making one more useless device to carry around. I feel like I've got a full load when I carry my phone, keys, wallet, and a knife. Add in a Zune or cigarettes (I used to smoke) and I felt bulky. Don't tell me I need to buy this for Twitter now. It's just more shit to carry.

newBookmarkLockedFalling