Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
And sorry, if you disagree, well, screw you. :P

I work at Fred Meyer. It's a part of the Kroger family. Only it's a lot cleaner, and is a variety store. Home furnishings, apparel, groceries, garden center, electronics, etc. I've worked there for a year now. However, the store I'm at now I've been with for only 3 months, and I'm now working front-end cashier. Basically, it's usually just busy, and boring. But tonight, was hectic. People cram packing for halloween.

So it's 9PM, and this woman who is a regular comes through my register. She's Russian, and can barely speak a few words of English. Now, I'm not racist. But I can't stand those who don't bother to learn the native language of a country if you plan on living there. Anyways, she had an EBT card (this card that the government gives to people who are on welfare). She pays for some chocolate chips off the foodstamps, and then wants $200 off from the cash side. Without purchasing an item, I was unsure of how to run it through. So I asked my PIC (person-in-charge) and she told me. So I did it. However, this woman kept fucking up her PIN number and so she had to slide her card like 3 times. I give her two 100 dollar bills, and she didn't take her receipt. All's good, whatever. It was annoying, but I got through it.

Then 30 minutes later my PIC Veronica tells me that the woman is back and claims that I didn't give her the $200. I was with a customer, and I couldn't help it. I freaked out. Short changing a customer $20 you get a warning. But $200? I'm sure I would have gotten suspended. Something I can't afford to have happen. And damn well not over the idiot lying. Because I know I gave her the money. Apparently she thought that I was taking out $200 each time she slid her card (what a fucking moron) and claimed that she had like $500-$600 to begin with. Which she didn't. She had $343 because I checked the bottom of the first receipt I gave her for the balance. So now I have to let the teller go through the register money and make sure it's not over by $200 before they can dismiss the accusation.

Although I'm 100% certain I gave her the money, it angers me that someone would accuse me of doing something I know I didn't do. Do any of you work retail? Got any horror stories to share? Please, do so.

fyi, my job is why I stick with the fact that most people are fucking morons.

Last Edit: Nov 1, 2009 10:50:44 GMT by Kay

Neversoft

Neversoft Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
I hate people like that :P

We own a convenient store, and we sell lottery tickets. I dunno if I'm actually supposed to sell them since I'm 17, but I do anyway. I'll run someones tickets exactly as they want them, and then they'll bitch about how I did them wrong. I guess they assume since I'm younger than them, that I have no clue how to push buttons on a screen.

Long story short, there's certain people that I no longer run tickets for to avoid their bitching :P
Jesus christ, I've been here 3 years :o (Oh lawd, its 4 now)

LOL ITS 6 AND A HALF NOW

newBookmarkLockedFalling