Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
I have many friends who enjoy going to ComicCon and cosplaying. I don't understand where the fun is in that. I mean, you dress up, just to go to some geek infested building, where you pretend for one day to be someone you're not. If anyone wants to explain to me why it's fun, feel free. I just don't understand how.Have any of you ever cosplayed before? DISCUSS

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
Never ever, and would never ever. (See what I did there?)

I know someone does though...
Looking for a coder, PM me.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
It's just like Halloween. You get to dress up as one of your favorite fictional characters and go talk to people about something you love and whatnot. It's not for me, but I definitely see the appeal.

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Conor my dear friend let me give you some insight and maybe just maybe you will start attending these. Personally I have never attended any, nor do I know of anyone who does, but I do know for a fact that some girls are gamers and "geeks" if you will. Not all of them are your stereotypical ugly girl either, just like some guy geeks that play video games all day aren't necessary ugly either.

There are infact a lot of girls who are gamers and geeks that are into this kind of stuff, and so therefore going might not be a bad idea if you like girls. Sure you will have your weirdo's but you will get your share of eye candy, and if your good with the ladies who knows maybe even a number or two at the least. ;)

So this might be the reason your friends enjoy going to comic con, or at least one of the reasons, and its definitely a reason why its "fun". :P

My proof: (a girl at comic con)

Last Edit: Nov 1, 2009 16:59:15 GMT by Hotshot

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Am I the only one who doesn't find her that attractive?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Am I the only one who doesn't find her that attractive?

Not our fault you prefer guys.

I know a few people who've cosplayed and stuff. Heck, a lot of my good friends at MIT so far are/were anime obsessed apparently, so they've done it. :P Oh well, it's life. I don't think it's any stranger than Halloween, though I would never do it.

newBookmarkLockedFalling