Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

NinthJake

NinthJake Avatar
The Ninth

Official Member

November 2009
Hi everybody. My name is Jonas hence my username is ninthJAKE (jokes)

I am completely new (ok not completely new, but rather completely stupid :P) when it comes to coding but I am eager to learn.

I have the most basic HTML down but I want to focus more on the CSS part of the coding for now since I have been doing web designs for a while now. You can check my (kind of) portfolio here s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff215/ninthjake/Web%20Designs/ Although my best designs are not there. I will post them when I have the rights to do so since I made them for actual companies.

Anyway. I want to make my own skin for an iPBFree forum (or some otherfree forum, I am open for ideas). Anyone know any good tutorial for me? Tried to search on google already but stupid as I am, I could not find any :P

Thank you for your time.
- NJ

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Welcome to the Studio. :)

Some pretty good work you've got there. :P Can't wait to see the better stuff. As far as coding goes, I'm sure the members here can help you learn if you're dedicated enough. Also, I haven't worked with IPBFree before, so I can't advise on how to work with that, but I'm sure plenty of our members can provide some tips.

newfieldgrafix
Welcome, welcome.

Hope to see you around.

NinthJake

NinthJake Avatar
The Ninth

Official Member

November 2009
Thank you all =D

And extra thanks for the advice Chris :D Making CSS for the iPBFree board would be practically the same as making one for the other free boards I think.

Last Edit: Nov 4, 2009 8:26:22 GMT by NinthJake

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
CSS is pretty straight forward. I honestly think it's easier than HTML. So keep working at it and you'll get that down in no time. And when it comes to coding, I don't think you could've picked a better PB forum to join. ;)

Welcome to the Studio!

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
NinthJake Avatar
Thank you all =D

And extra thanks for the advice Chris :D Making CSS for the iPBFree board would be practically the same as making one for the other free boards I think.

Yeah, but CSS is only easy if they make it so it can help you. :P PB makes that difficult, but I'm sure iPBFree isn't bad if it is anything like InvisionFree. :P

NinthJake

NinthJake Avatar
The Ninth

Official Member

November 2009
Lucifer Avatar
CSS is pretty straight forward. I honestly think it's easier than HTML. So keep working at it and you'll get that down in no time. And when it comes to coding, I don't think you could've picked a better PB forum to join. ;)

Welcome to the Studio!

Hahah =D

Thanks man.
Chris Avatar
Yeah, but CSS is only easy if they make it so it can help you. :P PB makes that difficult, but I'm sure iPBFree isn't bad if it is anything like InvisionFree. :P

Well I don't know anything about InvisionFree but I'm sure it isn't bad if it is anything like iPBFree ;P

Jokes aside I don't think it is anything too hard either. I have even seen a lot of examples of what I want to know how to do. All of them looks exactly the same so I think that there is a tutorial about it out there somewhere. I just haven't found it :P

Thanks for the replies.

virus™

virus™ Avatar
Are you ready??

Virus Infected
[img src="http://s1.images.proboards.com/warn_right.gif" width=108 height=12 src="http://s1.images.proboards.com/warn_middle.gif"]

October 2009
hey Nj welcome to Studio Zero!! :)

virus detected 90% Harmful

NinthJake

NinthJake Avatar
The Ninth

Official Member

November 2009
Thank you virus :D

And I have started to make my own skin for a testboard now. It is actually quite easy :P

I just made an InvisionFree board (it is exactly like iPBFree btw) and started editing the premade CSS since I don't want to try to code a whole board by hand yet :P

I'll post the board here when I am close to finishing it (and when I have over 30 posts or whatever the post-count is xD)

newBookmarkLockedFalling