Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
Yay China, this game really annoys me... :P Never played it, but it seems pointless.
Looking for a coder, PM me.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Isn't like half of China's income from people buying things from WoW farmers in China? :o [/ignorance]

:P Hilarious though.

newfieldgrafix
I'd ban it too. In fact, I'm gonna ban it now.

Seriously though. If people are stupid enough to but into a subscription service, let them waste their money.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Nov 4, 2009 19:32:04 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
I'd ban it too. In fact, I'm gonna ban it now.

Seriously though. If people are stupid enough to but into a subscription service, let them waste their money.

Why is it a waste? Why is it any different than people here in the US buying a car with a subscription to gas? You either pay the subscription, or the product doesn't work. I don't suppose you would call transportation a waste of money just because of a subscription service, so why is WoW?

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
iiPod Avatar
Yay China, this game really annoys me... :P Never played it, but it seems pointless.

A thousand MMORPGers are now dying to kill you.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Josh Avatar

Why is it a waste? Why is it any different than people here in the US buying a car with a subscription to gas? You either pay the subscription, or the product doesn't work. I don't suppose you would call transportation a waste of money just because of a subscription service, so why is WoW?

ALL cars include gas you must pay for. Not all games charge you to play AFTER you already bought the game itself.

Thats just pure greed. CS:S doesnt charge to play. CoD doesnt either. Infact, 95% of games dont.

It doesn't matter if all do or not. THAT game does. If you want to play that game, you pay. It's simple. I don't understand why it's such a big deal. If you don't want to pay, you don't have to play.

Jake

Jake Avatar

ProNation

December 2005
I'd rather have a subscription fee that kept the game running instead of an item shop where all the rich little kids with mommy's credit card can get all the best items without even playing the game.

newfieldgrafix
Josh Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

ALL cars include gas you must pay for. Not all games charge you to play AFTER you already bought the game itself.

Thats just pure greed. CS:S doesnt charge to play. CoD doesnt either. Infact, 95% of games dont.

It doesn't matter if all do or not. THAT game does. If you want to play that game, you pay. It's simple. I don't understand why it's such a big deal. If you don't want to pay, you don't have to play.

That's exaclty what I'd do, not play. It's like those virtual clothes you can "buy" on such as Aisp@ce.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Jake Avatar
I'd rather have a subscription fee that kept the game running instead of an item shop where all the rich little kids with mommy's credit card can get all the best items without even playing the game.

Which is why I don't play those either. :P I don't play subscription fee games or games that have an "item shop." And they tend to be the most fun. There's no rush to take advantage of when you've paid for (subscription fee) and there's no unfair advantage for those with too much money (item shop).

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Josh Avatar

That's because those games are being run through an online service maintained by the console manufacturers. The developers of Call of Duty has nothing to do with XBOX Live, the service that requires maintenance and updates (you'll note that XBOX Live costs money, by the way).

WoW, on the other hand, is through the WoW servers. It costs money for people to maintain those things, to keep bugs and glitches in line, to come up with updates, design new patches and expansions, and to make sure that everything is running smoothly for the millions of people who devote hours of their life every day. You can't do that for free.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006

Alot of fans of wow are from china :P I see wow being unbanned later down the road at some point, some deal is going to be made and it might happen.

heh, i think i go play that now *go plays wow*

newBookmarkLockedFalling