Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
frogboy.impulsedriven.net/article/368393/10_ways_that_Vista_is_even_more_annoying_now_that_Windows_7_is_out

Basically, this guy found ten things in Windows Vista that nobody really realized were annoying until Windows 7 was released. All of them have been part of Vista forever, but none of them really surfaced as potential annoyances until Windows 7 came along. It just goes to show that you will never truly know how much something sucks until something better comes along. :-X

Last Edit: Nov 4, 2009 22:42:14 GMT by Scorpian
wat

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Since when was things "not responding" NOT an annoyance? I fucking hate it. I paid good money for my computer to come with the hardware it did so it would run smoothly. GUESS NOT!

newfieldgrafix
Yeah, I noticed all of those with the exception of Reason #5. As for the not responding thing; It fucking annoys the hell outta' me.

newfieldgrafix
I think he's talking about WindowBlinds for Vista (of which case, there's about 5,000 skins to chose from including 2 of mine!).

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Yadda, yadda, yadda. Of course, another person who must complain about the stupidest things.

newfieldgrafix
Kay, we live for it. If there was nothing to complain about, we'd complain about not having anything to complain about...

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Nov 5, 2009 12:17:54 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Kay, we live for it. If there was nothing to complain about, we'd complain about not having anything to complain about...

And if there was too much to complain about, we'd complain about how much there is to complain about. ^^

newfieldgrafix
We sure would, stupid things to complain about.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed 7. It always kinda bothered me.

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
The only thing I'd noticed about windows vista was, well, there's a lot of blue, even if you don't want blue, and it looks a loot smoother than Windows XP, other than that, I didn't notice any differences. The non-responsiveness I already deal with on my laptop, but that has more to do with the fact that it's old and I have like a half a gig of memory left and there's a few viruses on it, that I can't remove, because apparently, all of the virus removal software on my computer needs the internet to work, and the laptop no longer connects to the internet because it no longer has the network key, and my mom didn't bother to write it down.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Only one of those I noticed was the constant "Not responsive" issue. :P I'll be waiting to connect to a game in L4D and Vista decides L4D is being "not responsive." WTF? Oh, and I guess the UAC fails as well.

newBookmarkLockedFalling