Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

鹽氏(Yan Shi)

鹽氏(Yan Shi) Avatar
If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.....Semper Fi

October 2009
I'm not actualy..new NEW here. I have been looking around for a while, but decided it's time to gather some courage and post an intro XD
I'm looking forward to sharing some graphics with people, because experimenting with photoshop.....well, lets just say....it can become an addiction. I can sit sometimes an entire night and the ideas flow....sometimes though....there is nothing.
Unfortunatly....when i do get ideas, they will nag and bug me till i try them out. I swear sometimes i wonder if they have a life of their own. They are like those relatives that come for visit and don't go away again till you kick them out.

Last Edit: Nov 6, 2009 4:22:25 GMT by 鹽氏(Yan Shi)

newfieldgrafix
Welcome, 鹽氏. Ni Hao ma?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Nov 6, 2009 13:57:32 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Welcome, 鹽氏. Ni Hao ma?

Aren't you fancy with your Chinese greetings. :P

Welcome to the Studio, Yan Shi. :)

newfieldgrafix
Yeah, it's a shame PB doesn't support many characters.

鹽氏(Yan Shi)

鹽氏(Yan Shi) Avatar
If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.....Semper Fi

October 2009
Thank you, everyone. :)

If you use IE it will mess up the chinese characters. Only Firefox will change it to a code. Actualy quite annoying if you ask me. I need both browsers to do my stuff alot of times.

newfieldgrafix
にの日本語です?

What the? it worked. Why does IE not do it then I used to use IE all the time when I was a regular at ニコニコ動画 (Nikoniko Douga). It just doesn't work here on PB.

Ha ha, I love this! I'm so changin my custom title now!

Last Edit: Nov 6, 2009 23:17:24 GMT by newfieldgrafix

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Welcome to the Studio. :)

鹽氏(Yan Shi)

鹽氏(Yan Shi) Avatar

October 2009
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Nov 6, 2009 23:11:49 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
にの日本語です?

What the? it worked. Why does IE not do it then I used to use IE all the time when I was a regular at ニコニコ動画 (Nikoniko Douga). It just doesn't work here on PB.

Ha ha, I love this! I'm so changin my custom title now!

Oh No!!!! I revealed my secret XDDD
Proboards will only accept the code not the actual kanji's. If you have firefox you can just copy paste and it will change it automaticly to the code. IE won't do it. If you use IE you have to copy paste the code
VERY annoying when you don't have firefox. Because you have to ask people with firefox to change it for you, and give you the code.
But remember, the code takes much more space than normal letters. So in the username the max is only 4 kanjis you can use, as well as the custom title. Avatar text i'm not sure
The other annoying thing is, if you start using firefox there is certain things firefox won't allow. For example on bebo. I can't do kanji or move any topfriends/groups without firefox. BUT, i can't see an AMV's or my playlist with firefox and need to use IE
Two different browser to be able to do stuff on one site :(

Last Edit: Nov 7, 2009 4:30:00 GMT by 鹽氏(Yan Shi)

newfieldgrafix
You can't inpt Kanji? What type of input method are you using? I use Romaji > Hiragana/Katakana then it converts to Kanji with a bias for formal speech. The only good feature in Windows. It gets annoying though when I ahve to switch between full and half width Alphanumeric.

I mean it's not like I use it every day, I'm still learning. I know enough to fluke my way through a basic sentence, I'm not too great with Japanese either!..

(Humor...)

鹽氏(Yan Shi)

鹽氏(Yan Shi) Avatar

October 2009
I mostly just copy paste what i want XD To actualy type it i would need a bilangual keyboard..which i don't have.
I only use it mostly in photoshop or username.
Just like that alien language i downloaded. I can't use it anywhere but photoshop :( Wanted to make a joke with a friend on msn, but it just changed itself to english letters once it was sent *sighs*

newfieldgrafix
No, no, you can just download the Language pack from Windows. Use the language bar, switch it to which ever mode you want.

I try to type using Japanese where ever I need to; sure does beat siffting through character map for the right Kanji.

virus™

virus™ Avatar
Are you ready??

Virus Infected
[img src="http://s1.images.proboards.com/warn_right.gif" width=108 height=12 src="http://s1.images.proboards.com/warn_middle.gif"]

October 2009
welcome to Studio Zero :)

virus detected 90% Harmful

鹽氏(Yan Shi)

鹽氏(Yan Shi) Avatar

October 2009
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Nov 8, 2009 13:09:06 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
No, no, you can just download the Language pack from Windows. Use the language bar, switch it to which ever mode you want.

I try to type using Japanese where ever I need to; sure does beat siffting through character map for the right Kanji.

If you refer to the asian languages, I did that. simpl/tradit. Chinese and japanese. I can't live without asian languages XD

Thank you, Virus :)

Last Edit: Nov 9, 2009 4:42:15 GMT by 鹽氏(Yan Shi)

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
鹽氏(Yan Shi) Avatar
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Nov 8, 2009 13:09:06 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:

If you refer to the asian languages, I did that. simpl/tradit. Chinese and japanese. I can't live without asian languages XD

Thank you, Virus :)

Welcome to SZ Yan Shi. I take it that you can speak Chinese fluently and that you're of a chinese descent? :)
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

鹽氏(Yan Shi)

鹽氏(Yan Shi) Avatar

October 2009
Thank you, Xylish :)
Oh I wish. Though i might have chinese heritage.
China is somewhat of an obsession for me, always has been. Even at 2 years old i was drawn to anything asian. with 7-8 years old i already knew my dream job would be archeology, study chinese history (three kingdoms era) History is another lifelong obsession. XD
I love working with chinese symbols and such when making graphics, so i need the asian languages

newBookmarkLockedFalling