Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

NinthJake

NinthJake Avatar
The Ninth

Official Member

November 2009
I forgot all about this old classic of mine :D

Some time ago I decided to make my own style of userbar/sig. I also wanted others to be able to enjoy it as much as I do so I made it editable.

Read more and download the .psd at my DeviantArt.
ninthjake.deviantart.com/art/SOTW-Userbar-130732181

Now it is the SOTW userbar given out to the winners at Cyberwarez ^^

Here is a preview.

newfieldgrafix
You're right; it is unique!

I really like this, because it looks somewhat intricate, yet simple. The outline is a little off on the right, but that's not a major thing. Can I ask; did you use a bevel on the dark parts?

It wouldn't look out of place in a sort of 1v1 punch 'em up kinda game UI. Can you animate it?

I'm begining to like your style, keep it up!

Last Edit: Nov 6, 2009 19:50:56 GMT by newfieldgrafix

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Some of the edges on the "tech stuff" to the left seem a bit fuzzy, and the red tubular thing seems like it took a backseat to everything else. It doesn't quite pop. Also, I'm not sure the sleek, glossy blue quite fits with the very detailed "tech stuff". Maybe make it a bit more...metallic? Or tone down the details in the tech parts. Also, the text just doesn't fit. It seems like it was kind of slapped on there after all is said in done (which is technically true, I'm sure, but don't let it show). That's especially true of the #1.

But, as usual, I find great designs like yours and I pick them apart mercilessly. Overall, it's VERY good. It just seems like you wanted to do two different things (both of which are well done) and stuck them together. Try leaning one way or the other more. And then parts of it are just a tad sloppy (like the text, edges, and red tube). Don't let it get ya down. It's a great design and you have a lot of talent. Just look for what I mentioned and keep them in mind for next time. :)

Edit: Props for the scanlines. They were so trendy for like 2 years way back when and then everyone said, "Fuck scanlines," but I still like 'em. :D

Last Edit: Nov 6, 2009 15:53:02 GMT by Lucifer

NinthJake

NinthJake Avatar
The Ninth

Official Member

November 2009
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Nov 6, 2009 14:44:18 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
You're right; it is unique!

I really like this, because it looks somewhat intricate, yet simple. The outline is a little off on the right, but that's not a major thing. Can I ask; did you use a bevel on the dark parts?

It wouldn't look out of place in a sort of 1v1 punch 'em up kinda game UI. Can you animate it?

I'm begining to like your style, keep it up!

Thanks man. No I haven't beveled anything. It is all a style.

And I might be able to animate it some time ;)

Lucifer Avatar
Some of the edges on the "tech stuff" to the left seem a bit fuzzy, and the red tubular thing seems like it took a backseat to everything else. It doesn't quite pop. Also, I'm not sure the sleek, glossy blue quite fits with the very detailed "tech stuff". Maybe make it a bit more...metallic? Or tone down the details in the tech parts. Also, the text just doesn't fit. It seems like it was kind of slapped on there after all is said in done (which is technically true, I'm sure, but don't let it show). That's especially true of the #1.

But, as usual, I find great designs like yours and I pick them apart mercilessly. Overall, it's VERY good. It just seems like you wanted to do two different things (both of which are well done) and stuck them together. Try leaning one way or the other more. And then parts of it are just a tad sloppy (like the text, edges, and red tube). Don't let it get ya down. It's a great design and you have a lot of talent. Just look for what I mentioned and keep them in mind for next time. :)

Edit: Props for the scanlines. They were so trendy for like 2 years way back when and then everyone said, "Fuck scanlines," but I still like 'em. :D

Thanks man. You are absolutely right. I'll think about that the next time =D

NinthJake

NinthJake Avatar
The Ninth

Official Member

November 2009
Well you can always remove the #1 as well as the glare and the other text if you want to. I made the PSD so it would be fully customizable to the user's liking :)

Thank you.

newBookmarkLockedFalling