Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
since #MW2 is the third highest trend on Twitter currently, i suppose its expected with it being release date 10.11.09...

This date has been one of the most anticipated dates for a lot of gamers this year, as activision have finally released the most anticipated game of the year.

A lot of upset was around when COD5 WAW mainly because it failed to meet the expectations of its hype. Hopefully MW2 won't suffer the same fate.

Has anyone played it yet? I'm anticipating a huge response from the MW2 online community to the release and expect the servers to be jam packed this evening and for the next few days.

What are your views on the game thus far, whether you've played it personally or just seen the reviews and previews around on the game.

PS. anyone up for a couple of games (i'm still waiting for it to come in the post) my psn is Llanilek.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
I don't see me buying this game before x-mas just b/c i have gotten my limit for games this yr and I'm in between jobs too so that's a major factor... I have been waiting for this game to come out and plan on playing soon via friends..

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
well it is going for £24.99 in morrisons or £26 in sainsburys... however i'm sure they are both sold out now but they will both be getting deliveries in soon I would imagine :D

that is... obviously if your based in the uk lol

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
over here in the states its going for around $59.99 and i was surprised when i stop in at a Gamestop store it wasn't sold out i thought for sure it would be

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Llanilek Avatar
well it is going for £24.99 in morrisons or £26 in sainsburys... however i'm sure they are both sold out now but they will both be getting deliveries in soon I would imagine :D

that is... obviously if your based in the uk lol

That's about five pounds under what it normally would cost, no?

newfieldgrafix
It's the only game from the CoD series, that I've thought "this looks like a good game..."
I'll probably never play it though.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008

{blanka}

{blanka} Avatar

ProNation

March 2007
^ That player either has to be the luckiest person on earth or he somehow staged it (unlikely but possible). But yeah, does anyone play this for 360? If so send me your gamertag and we could play sometime.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I have never been a fan of FPS or any shooter games. But recently, I have gotten into Halo, and tried the L4D2 demo, which I also liked a lot. So I think I am really into shooter/fps games now, so this will be something I get for Crimbo.

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
well i've played 15 hours since i've got it (official play time) and i'm rank 39 going on 40. Prestige this time around isn't until 70 (got an extra 15 more levels to rank from MW1 >_<) i don't know if i've be taking prestige just yet... maybe might stay at 70 to scare a few people lol.

Jake

Jake Avatar

ProNation

December 2005
As of now, matchmaking is completely broken. You can end up in games where everyone has infinite ammo and rapid fire, so noob tubes and AC130s constantly shoot. Not exactly fun. Then you have the random playlist turning into a private match type setup. Where you can have an 18 player FFA on Rust. Good luck spawning there. And then the javelin glitch.

{blanka}

{blanka} Avatar

ProNation

March 2007
Javelin Glitch was patched days ago but yeah the infinite ammo is ridiculous. Though it's definitly unplayable heck it's so fun playing full scale matches in Rust. Either way, those bugs (along with the 1887 issues) will patched before you know it. So enjoy it while you can. =P

@llanilek: The later ranks require much hire XP so don't be surprise if it takes you another day worth of playing to prestige. And Prestige is a lot more intimidating than lvl 70; if it's intimidating at all.

Jake

Jake Avatar

ProNation

December 2005
I stopped playing online before the javelin glitch even popped up. However, according to 402's twitter, they are testing the patch now.

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
to be honest.. i've not seen any problems with these glitches.... not heard of any problems with the javelin either. Suppose i'm just lucky lol. But as always they will fix it. I can't wait for them to bring out more stuff for it.

{blanka}

{blanka} Avatar

ProNation

March 2007
Heh, I started playing this game competitively on a different account and trying to see how high my kill ratio can go up but so far it's steadying at around 2.8ish. It can be a bit annoying though when someone gets a chopper or ac130 because that'll tear up your KD.

Edit: It may sound a bit braggish but thats because I am.

;D

Last Edit: Dec 29, 2009 4:44:04 GMT by {blanka}

newBookmarkLockedFalling