Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
So who is planning on getting Windows 7 or upgrading?

I am honestly thinking about doing so. For one, I hated XP, so I made the stupid idea of switching to Vista (which I think Vista could of been good if it actually operated). Windows 7 seems like a Vista Rewrite plus some major fixes. Do you guys think it is worth it, or nah?

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I run Snow Leopard but I plan on installing it in Bootcamp again soon.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Totally worth it. Vista is god-awful.

Personally, I'm gonna run Ubuntu once I get an external hard drive for all my media (currently it's all stored on the partition I plan to use for Ubuntu).

I'm keeping the other partition with Windows for gaming (not that I'm a huge gamer). I haven't decided if I'm gonna keep it as Vista (simply because it'd be free and easiest) or if I want to switch to 7 so my games run better and whatnot.

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Lucifer Avatar

Personally, I'm gonna run Ubuntu once I get an external hard drive for all my media (currently it's all stored on the partition I plan to use for Ubuntu).

I'm keeping the other partition with Windows for gaming (not that I'm a huge gamer). I haven't decided if I'm gonna keep it as Vista (simply because it'd be free and easiest) or if I want to switch to 7 so my games run better and whatnot.

Lucky for my my Grandpa is buying himself Windows 7 and I told him I will pay $30 more for 3 keys (for the family pack). What a deal for me. :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Quacker Jack Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Lucky for my my Grandpa is buying himself Windows 7 and I told him I will pay $30 more for 3 keys (for the family pack). What a deal for me. :P

Isn't regular 7 just $30, anyway?

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Quacker Jack Avatar

Isn't regular 7 just $30, anyway?

For students, I believe.

My school takes part in MSDNAA, so I got Windows 7 Professional (x64) for free. I've not had any problems with it at all. The only issues I've ever had are because I haven't quite gotten my RAM timings down on my overclock :P.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
XP isn't bad, ME ... was.

I have W7 and I would officially like to declare it the greatest OS of all time, casting off all bias.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar
Vista is god-awful

You have obviously never used ME or XP.

I've used both. You're clearly succumbing to bias and rumors and haven't used all 3 extensively like I have. ME was terrible, but I'd almost put Vista below it. XP was hardly bad compared to those two.

Tobias

Tobias Avatar

Dedicated Member

November 2006
I've been using it since the Release candidate, and I love it. I've never had a smoother OS experience. Only problem is that when you use XP machines you try to maximize a window by dragging it to the top of the screen, and... nothing. It's actually kind of depressing when that happens.
The new taskbar is God-tier.
EDIT: 7:00am with no sleep typo errors.

Last Edit: Nov 11, 2009 11:48:37 GMT by Tobias
#intj (Mastermind)^

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Lucifer Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

I've used both. You're clearly succumbing to bias and rumors and haven't used all 3 extensively like I have. ME was terrible, but I'd almost put Vista below it. XP was hardly bad compared to those two.
I'm agree.

The only computer that I have that runs Vista is my laptop, which is currently half broken. So once I send it in for warranty repairs I'll probably switch out the OS to 7.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar
Vista is god-awful

How can you possibly even think that someone has never used XP or ME if they have been here for 4 years? What else would they used before it?

As for windows 7, I'm running the RC right now on my PC and on bootcamp, but I'm reluctant to spend anything on getting the full version since I spent 1/3 the price on one license of Windows 7 on a family pack of snow leopard. =/

I expect I will end up getting it anyway though.

Last Edit: Nov 11, 2009 15:21:52 GMT by Simie

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Simie Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

How can you possibly even think that someone has never used XP or ME if they have been here for 4 years? What else would they used before it?

The bigger irony was that I was younger than he his now when I switched to XP. That means I was using ME before he even knew how to use a computer. Yet, he seems to think he knows anything about either of those OS's.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
xmsteel Avatar

lol. Do you even know what ME is?

And as for XP sucking.. thats a load of shit. Apart from 7 (which I have through MSDN), XP is the best windows operating system of all time. of all time.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Benjamin Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

And as for XP sucking.. thats a load of shit. Apart from 7 (which I have through MSDN), XP is the best windows operating system of all time. of all time.

Yo, can you generate unlimited keys from MSDN?

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Simie Avatar
Benjamin Avatar

Yo, can you generate unlimited keys from MSDN?

Nope, they allocate you one key only, sadly. Well, I got two technically. One for 32-bit, one for 64-bit.

newBookmarkLockedFalling