Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
So, yeah, I was going to do a concept for a skin I wanted for my newest RP site, but I was too lazy, although I actually am right now, but that's for the purpose of a code request. I actually created it, and am still in the process of working on it, so any feedback, comments, questions, criticism (so long as it's constructive, no matter how remotely it might be, because if there's criticism, that means I can make improvements), and whatnot is greatly appreciated. link

Also, I don't like the boards the way they are, I did originally have them like this. But I then discovered that I have a bit too many boards for it to work, it got confusing, so I'm trying to see if there's a way I can use a different code with that code to get it so it's not so confusing, and would like kind of like this.

edit by ben: changed html to ubbc

Last Edit: Nov 13, 2009 22:54:39 GMT by Benjamin

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
You need to use UBBC tags, not HTML ones... :P

And I like the layout.... :)
Looking for a coder, PM me.

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
OH, heh heh heh he, okay, that makes sense, but, what would the ubbc tags be? Because I think[/u] I might have tried that but it didn't work. Thank you!

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
A link in UBBC could go like [a href="http://google.com"]http://google.com[/a]

You used HTML. If you want to display a word as a link in UBBC, try [url=http://google.com]text displayed[/url]

:D

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
Ah, got it, got it. I would've figured it out eventually on my own, but yeah, if you can't tell, I'm not the greatest at ubbc, I'm better with html.

NinthJake

NinthJake Avatar
The Ninth

Official Member

November 2009
Your colors are conflicting with each other. Use only two base colors and then work around them (use small changes of those base colors later).

I ground this especially by your background. You have used a light base color (white) with a dark color for details (black) and then used a dark purple and a lighting blue for your board.

Use either a dark or a light color scheme.

Sorry if this sounds harsh :(

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
Doesn't sound harsh at all, it's constructive criticism, which is exactly what I asked for. ^^ And, yeah, I know, I shouldn't try to do a light and dark color scheme, that just doesn't really work, unless of course the darks the backgrounds and the lights the text colors, that works, but then again, you can't have dark text on a dark background, that makes the text hard to see. And I'm working on a new color scheme, basically the same, just with darker purples so the better match the black.

NinthJake

NinthJake Avatar
The Ninth

Official Member

November 2009
You are absolutely right. I forgot to mention that ^^

Thank you for not getting mad like most of the people would :D

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
NinthJake Avatar
You are absolutely right. I forgot to mention that ^^

Thank you for not getting mad like most of the people would :D

Why would I get mad? I asked for constructive criticism, and that's what I got. *shrugs* ANd, yeah, some people wouldn, but I wouldn't, I got whatI asked for, so I'm happy.

newBookmarkLockedFalling