Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

virus™

virus™ Avatar
Are you ready??

Virus Infected
[img src="http://s1.images.proboards.com/warn_right.gif" width=108 height=12 src="http://s1.images.proboards.com/warn_middle.gif"]

October 2009
Just wanted to know everyone opinions on the both of these and which one you think is better...

i use windows vista, have tried use Apple Mac but didn't like it. I find windows is more user friendly and you are able to do so much with it.

opinions people?

virus detected 90% Harmful

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
Mac is better in so many ways. More customizable, more user friendly, more appealing to the eye, (the list goes on)

Frankly, windows looks like some 3 year old was let loose with the opacity changing function of Photoshop. Everything is all transparent, and poorly glossed.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Conor Avatar
Mac is better in so many ways. More customizable, more user friendly, more appealing to the eye, (the list goes on)

Frankly, windows looks like some 3 year old was let loose with the opacity changing function of Photoshop. Everything is all transparent, and poorly glossed.

OS X is definitely NOT more customizable

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
Josh Avatar
Conor Avatar

OS X is definitely NOT more customizable

In the sense that you can use png icons in the dock and everything it is. I wasn't really thinking big picture I guess.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Icon customization is nice but I would kill to have the OS customization that Windows has. You can do it in SL somewhat, but it is very limited and not exactly easy to do.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
We should start a count of how many of these topics appear. :3

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
It's always the newbies that post them. Then they get a little more SZ-wise and realize there are like 100 of them.

virus™

virus™ Avatar
Are you ready??

Virus Infected
[img src="http://s1.images.proboards.com/warn_right.gif" width=108 height=12 src="http://s1.images.proboards.com/warn_middle.gif"]

October 2009
Conor Avatar
It's always the newbies that post them. Then they get a little more SZ-wise and realize there are like 100 of them.

Lmao sorry, is not my fault. didnt realise that this has already been posted.

virus detected 90% Harmful

newfieldgrafix
xmsteel Avatar
Macs: Best system out there for videos, media, etc. Very nice to the eye, and pretty sleek and stylish in looks.

PC: Best gaming computer, and for normal everyday use. Best work computer, and can do anything you need.

I agree with that statement in it's entirety.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
xmsteel Avatar
Macs: Best system out there for videos, media, etc. Very nice to the eye, and pretty sleek and stylish in looks.

PC: Best gaming computer, and for normal everyday use. Best work computer, and can do anything you need.

While I guess most of that is true, saying that macs can't do work as well is false. :-/

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Despite being a Windows guy in terms of what I use, I really like Macs. If I had the money for one, I'd get one. But I also like Ubuntu (Linux).

Jake

Jake Avatar

ProNation

December 2005
Screw you guys, I'm getting a Linux. :(

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
xmsteel Avatar

I wholeheartedly agree :D

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Jake Avatar
Screw you guys, I'm getting a Linux. :(

Lucifer likes this post.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar

It has some of the best software, largely because people like you make the assumption that it's the best for these activities. You can just as much and more with a similarly priced PC, especially if the program is written to take advantage of a 64-bit processor, but it does require better/stronger (dareIsay) hardware. The problem is finding good programs.

newBookmarkLockedFalling