Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
Personally, I think that SZ shouldn't go like what other forums are going: Changing skins every frickin time.

I mean, it's good to see a change once in a while, but the reason for a upgrade is when a website needs a serious upgrade because of a major flaw.

That is when a new version is required.

So in the end, I will make SZv2 with CD,yes, but from that point on, I won't be upgrading the forum as often as possible.

lpf
even if you DO change skins. At least make this one an option to use. :P Just make the new one the default skin. Because this skin pwns.

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
Of course :D

CD will be glad to slave code that option. :D

nooki

nooki Avatar

July 2006
lol.
I'm asuming he would say"speak for ur self joe I got my own things too you know XD."
anyway I would say no matter what skin it is as long as it is active and both admins are here who cares :P

Moose

Moose Avatar

August 2005
Actually it's not possible to select skins from the main unless CD was to make a new skin code, which would greatly slow down loading time. The built-in feature requires skin selection via profile.
Greg says:
Coding music...
Greg says:
Hmm...
Greg says:
I wouldn't rule it out. :P
Chris 3.0 [New features? Yes.] says:
:P
Greg says:
If you think about machine code it's a bunch of 1s and 0s
Anything is possible.
Greg says:
Yeah try to code Metallica
:P Yeah, I'll get right on that... right after I learn to fly.

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
moose said:
Actually it's not possible to select skins from the main unless CD was to make a new skin code, which would greatly slow down loading time. The built-in feature requires skin selection via profile.

Yeah..and what we mean by "skin selecting" is that the coding changes occording to the selected skin via the built in changer from proboards.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
This place is new man. Let people get used to it. Wait for a few months. Maybe a year. In the mean time, work on a skin so that way, you'll be able to totally blow this one out of the water when you finally release it. Seriously, I don't want to see change from good to good to good. I want to see change from good to great to extrordinary. Make an impact with change, not just a difference. Besides, I've barely gotten used to this skin. XD

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
:P You aren't here enough Luci.

Anyway, as for the new skin, yeah. See, we're trying to please the masses. Most people love this skin, but some don't. So, to make others happy, we'll just make another unique skin and such. As for what Joe said, I agree. I like SZ, and give it my full dedication, but I won't upgrade it constantly. I mean, from time to time, optimized coding will happen, maybe some new features, but that is all.

Sasuke

Sasuke Avatar

August 2005
I'll help ye-all with the new version when it is in production if you like since I have a lot of free time now a days.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
You didn't even do the info center last time... <_< How is this different?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Hey, I'm here! I just can't post alot since it's somewhat slow. I can only post when given the opportunity. Unless you want me to bump threads from 10 pages back. :P

Besides, let's remember who has the second highest post count here. ;)

I seriously wish I could do more than post though. Honestly. I can't code and I don't have PS anymore...damn trial offers...>.>

Spektral

Spektral Avatar

July 2009
lucifer said:
This place is new man. Let people get used to it. Wait for a few months. Maybe a year. In the mean time, work on a skin so that way, you'll be able to totally blow this one out of the water when you finally release it. Seriously, I don't want to see change from good to good to good. I want to see change from good to great to extrordinary. Make an impact with change, not just a difference. Besides, I've barely gotten used to this skin. XD

Until your members settled and you have nice constant activity, waiting a year to make a skin is not an option. A starting site should release a new skin every 4-5 months to keep the members interested.

As for coding a feature that allows seperate coding for each skin, it should be easy. Externally link the codes, and correct me if I'm wrong, but after that using some "if-then" would be suffice. <__<

A new skin should never be as good as the last, it should be better. It should contain new features and a new style of art. I suggest for the release of v2 in no less than two months and no more than four.

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
Spek:

A development of a skin takes a long time. Satisifaction is not garanteed for every new skin released. There will always be critics trying to pick out the smallest detials of the skin.

Because of that, our team has decided to work on the skin "slow and steady" so that we don't have to stuff up to release the skin in a desginated time.

As I said, we see no major flaws in this skin yet, we may update one or two things in this current skin. But for now, the production of SZv2 is being halted for time being (although, CD did make this great code..that lets the user...*shuts mouth*)

:D

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
¬_¬ :(

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
admin said:
As I said, we see no major flaws in this skin yet, we may update one or two things in this current skin. But for now, the production of SZv2 is being halted for time being (although, CD did make this great code..that lets the user...*shuts mouth*)

:D

Tell me! Remember, I'm your favorite! ;D

newBookmarkLockedFalling