Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
Yay for having three hours spare time? :P So, yeah, inspired a bit by Smangii, saw one of his web designs, then just tried something... It's not great, but it's practice. :)

Comments and crit welcomed. =)
Looking for a coder, PM me.

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
For the white areas, try a darker, smaller font. It looks a little overwhelming. Other than that, well done.

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
Yes, I think it is a size too big, thankies. I would change it, but it's just pratice... :P
Looking for a coder, PM me.

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Recently I've been giving heavier critics, so, I am probably going to be a bit harsher then normal.

To be honest, it overall has a solid feel, but I feel as if I have seen this before (or at least, the layout). I'm sure that wasn't intentional or anything, but maybe switch it up some more to make it truly unique. And I really don't care for the logo (Lush Green), assuming that is the logo. I have a hard time telling if it is the logo or not. Either way, the logo needs to look different, and very clear. The very bottom "Back to Top" button doesn't look to hot, I think there is a bit of a weirdness feel to it. The quicklinks look quite out of place. And lastly, as OCD said, make text darker.

For some good, I like the bg color, and the design of the green area. Just on a slight note though, I don't think you have enough shadow in the bg of the green area. Add just a hint more.

I'm going to go ahead and give this a:
:: rate 3 ::

newfieldgrafix
I'll prepare a full run down later ;)

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
The one thing I think that needs to be changed, for sure, is the body background. It's completely flat. Give it the style of the rest of the images and this would look really good.

Try making the menu be full width. Would really make it "pop" in my opinion. Give the buttons that shine that you used on the "edit" buttons, too.

The divider between the menu and the body should be shrunk, make it the same size as the divider between the body and the footer. Also, try to give your feathered/gradient line an outer glow and see how that looks.

A simple gradient in the background instead of that beige color would really set the design off, I think.

Note: My critiques tend to focus more on areas that can be improved, and not areas that are good as-is. As such, my responses may seem overly negative. I apologize for this in advance and mean no disrespect, it just how I critique.

Last Edit: Nov 28, 2009 19:20:36 GMT by Josh

MaD IcHaBoD HaTTeR

MaD IcHaBoD HaTTeR Avatar
Why is a raven like a writing table?

Official Member

November 2009
the green is a nice touch but the overall design is boring for me. Tho overalll i give it a 4/5! nicely done

newBookmarkLockedFalling