Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
There was a thread containing stinky's following post about a market place. I really like the idea of having a market place, in which members can pay other members to create things, etc. for them.

Stinky666 Avatar
For the Market Place area, it can be for members to sell certain rights to their designs; WR, LR, UR, PR, or even FR.

Wearing Rights (WR)
The person buys the rights to wear the design in a signature space or as an avatar, either on a specific place or anywhere.

Learning Rights (LR)
The customer/buyer buys the rights to learn from a design you make. For example, a .PSD, .PSPIMAGE, .C4D etc

Using Rights (UR)
This is when they can use items they buy in their own pieces, such as C4D's, Illy Swirls, Brushes, Stocks or anything else.

Posting Rights (PR)
When they buy the right to post a pack or something on a specific or many forums/sites.

Full Rights (FR)
The owner gives up all rights to the buyer. Meaning the original owner will no longer own this, but can do other things with it if they decide to say so, such as CR - Classing Rights (forums that class peopel). Many keep TPR (Team Posting Rights) too, meaning they can post the pack or whatever it is in their Teams' forum/board.

-----

Not explained very well, but on SI it is, or on somewhere such as PlanetRenders.
It all seems confusing, but it really isn't. It's simple to understand it all. Im on MSN if you need answers etc Christopher!

Yeah bitch that's right, I called you Christopher... deal with it <3

:-X Ignore that last part.

I can really see this going somewhere, with members setting up their own shops and stuff. It'd be fun!

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
While I like the concept, I don't think it's a good idea.

Someone, somewhere along the line, would get jipped, and we would be blamed for it. And it just wouldn't end well for anyone.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
I really don't think that's reason for disapproval.

When Chris(?lol) created SZ, he didn't think 'damn. somewhere along the lines this forum will be involved in drama. I'd better stop.' He created the forum anyway. More good times than bad here ^-^

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Quinine Avatar

Well, that's your opinion, just as my reasoning is my opinion.

When Joe created SZ, he never expected it to take off and expand like it has. And as far as I know, he envisioned free resources to all, not resources you have to pay for.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

newfieldgrafix
Benjamin Avatar
Quinine Avatar

When Joe created SZ...

Joe created SZ? I too thought Chris did.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Josh: Who made SZ? You or Joe?
Chris: Joe
Chris: I joined while he was trying to code it after Zero Tolerance stopped coding it

Just asked. :P

Last Edit: Nov 22, 2009 3:43:43 GMT by Josh

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
well, thanks for clearing that up :) i still reckon it'd be good to have a market, it has potential to raise member activity and to get more members in general

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Its a free resource board, and i think it should stay that way.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I can't really see this happening, sorry. There's a reason it didn't happen before, same reason it probably won't happen now. :P

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
no, that's fine. what was the reason last time, out of interest?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Because he called my Christopher and you quoted it.

It's because a system like that isn't suited for SZ given that we're a highly coding focused forum. Yes we do have graphics, but they don't get nearly as much attention. For example, graphics battles are near non-existent.

newBookmarkLockedFalling