Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
So yesterday I'm at work. I'm a cashier at Fred Meyer. I'm working the express lane which is 12 items or less, and this guy that I'm finishing ringing up is signing his charge slip, I put it in my till and turn back to him expecting him to be gathering his things and leaving. Instead he reaches behind him to this elderly lady (well, she was like, 60 but still very much capable of everyday life) and takes the one item she was buying, which was some shoe inserts and hands them to me saying he'd like to pay for them.

Now, I'm standing there holding the item in complete shock and awe, as her own jaw falls to the floor. It took me a second, but I snapped out of it, rang it up, and he signed for it. She kept trying to tell him that he didn't have to, and he said no that he insisted, and hoped that she had a wonderful day. She was so thankful, I literally turned and watched them walk out of the store. It took me a few good moments to get back into the swing of things. I was just so amazed that there are actually still some generous and genuinely thoughtful people out there.

Have you ever seen something similar? I wanna hear some stories. :P

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
www.givesmehope.com/ has a lot of stories similar to yours. It's a great website.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

newfieldgrafix
Thanks, Kay, this made my day. There might be hope for humanity yet.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Wow, that's actually really inspiring.

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
That's a really nice story. Not soppy, Hollywood style gagging; but true human kindness. Nice guy. :)
Looking for a coder, PM me.

newBookmarkLockedFalling