Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Yeah, my iPhone is pretty good for everything but media management (music/videos/etc). I honestly don't see why so many people love it. I hate it. Also, after trying it out for a few months, I'm absolutely convinced that iTunes sucks. >.<

The Zune, on the other hand... before I bought my iPhone, I used one of the original Zune 30's. I loved it. In fact, I would've liked it more than my iPhone if it just had a touch screen. The Zune HD has that, and from what I've heard, that's just a minor improvement.

On top of all this, the Zune software absolutely creams iTunes on any day. Now, of course, I will give Apple some credit. I've heard that they can't develop on Windows very well at all, and I'm not surprised. I'm sure it works a lot better on OS X than it does on Win7. Thus, it's not really that surprising that Zune software is snappy and fluid while iTunes is choppy and lagging. Even keeping that in mind, though, I like the features Zune software has to offer way more than iTunes. Folder monitoring is probably the biggest one. Correct me if I'm wrong, but iTunes can't do this. With Zune software, I can set it up to watch my music/videos/pictures folders and have it automatically add anything I throw into them to the library. For a lazy person like me, that's huge.

All in all, the Zune HD 32gb is $290. Is it worth the money? As far as I'm concerned, it's worth it just so I can avoid iTunes. >.< I seriously feel it's a good investment, though. The original Zune did not let me down, so I have high hopes for this one as well. ^_^

Anybody else have a Zune HD or any experience with it?
wat

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
iTunes works wonderfully on OS X. There's a reason why there are no other big media players for Macs. :P But yeah, they can't develop for shit on Windows. Safari is probably the worst browser available for Windows (Yes, worse than IE). Btw, it has folder watching. A very primative version. Or at least it did. I can't seem to find it in the prefs right now.

As for the ZuneHD, I would love to have one. I think it is much better than the Touch. Only problem is that it is incompatible with OS X, meaning I will likely get a Touch when it comes time to by a new media player. Also, 32GB is a little small for me. My music alone is 75GB. I probably won't consider buying a new media player until one of the touch screen series hits 128GB in a few years, honestly. Or someone buys one for me. Then I won't say no. lol

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
i have never mess around with a zune before :( i use my iphone for my music on the go but i have heard good things about the zunes maybe some day i will try one out

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Don't care for Zunes. I guess they seem to be decent, but I prefer my Ipod.

I tried out a Zune when they were newer, I really didn't like the buttons on it, and it was kind of chunky (thick/fat).

Just my opinion of course. And Itunes is working good for me.

Have you tried the ZuneHD? There are no interface buttons, it's a touchscreen.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Scorpian Avatar
Yeah, my iPhone is pretty good for everything but media management (music/videos/etc). I honestly don't see why so many people love it. I hate it. Also, after trying it out for a few months, I'm absolutely convinced that iTunes sucks. >.<

The Zune, on the other hand... before I bought my iPhone, I used one of the original Zune 30's. I loved it. In fact, I would've liked it more than my iPhone if it just had a touch screen. The Zune HD has that, and from what I've heard, that's just a minor improvement.

On top of all this, the Zune software absolutely creams iTunes on any day. Now, of course, I will give Apple some credit. I've heard that they can't develop on Windows very well at all, and I'm not surprised. I'm sure it works a lot better on OS X than it does on Win7. Thus, it's not really that surprising that Zune software is snappy and fluid while iTunes is choppy and lagging. Even keeping that in mind, though, I like the features Zune software has to offer way more than iTunes. Folder monitoring is probably the biggest one. Correct me if I'm wrong, but iTunes can't do this. With Zune software, I can set it up to watch my music/videos/pictures folders and have it automatically add anything I throw into them to the library. For a lazy person like me, that's huge.

All in all, the Zune HD 32gb is $290. Is it worth the money? As far as I'm concerned, it's worth it just so I can avoid iTunes. >.< I seriously feel it's a good investment, though. The original Zune did not let me down, so I have high hopes for this one as well. ^_^

Anybody else have a Zune HD or any experience with it?

I <3 Zune. I have an iPod nano, but as previously mentioned, iTunes sucks on Windows >.< getting one for Christmas, can't wait.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I had an iPod Nano. For about a ....nano second. HAHAH. See what I did there?! Yeahhh. ;D

Anyways. It literally died after I only had it for a month. I went to plug it in one day, and instead of it charging, it started overheating and the screen "burned" from the top right corner and it never worked again. Which, fucking sucked. Anyways, I share an 80GB Zune with my fiance, but he really, really wants a Zune HD. And they look awesome. So I want one too. :P

Last Edit: Nov 26, 2009 9:07:09 GMT by Kay

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
My first iPod classic caught on fire while it was charging for the third time ever. I had no idea at the time and as a result my carpet was set alight and I was burnt. I got compensation from Apple, but the wound never really healed (figuratively).

This is true.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I has Zune. It's 80GB and I'm all outta room on it. I need to get my 120 soon. I'd love to get the HD simply for the touchscreen, but if 80GB isn't enough, 32GB certainly isn't, either. Sounds nice, though. I'm glad they're doing things right with it.

newBookmarkLockedFalling