Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Okay, so I just upgraded to Windows 7 on my laptop, to find out my video card just wasn't working. SO I took it to Micro Center (a local tech store that is a somewhat known chain) and they said I'd have to buy a new computer. Yeah. Right.

So I decided I would call up Toshiba and see what they would have to say. I called them, listen to the "we will charge you if you are out of warranty", etc. Well, so I get to a guy who tells me I am out of warranty, but he decides NOT to charge me, and he helps me over the phone for an hour. I was simply shocked, probably because my friend with an HP has a similar problem and they charged him.

Toshiba rocks. Now I have amazing graphics thanks to some hundred patches. For free.

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
xmsteel Avatar
Toshiba Laptop - Vista Home Basic - $349.99

Acer Laptop - Vista Home Premium - $399.99

Both have the same brand stuff inside and people still saying toshiba pwns acer hard - Priceless.

For everything else, there's brains. 75% of the stuff in EVERY laptop is made by toshiba.

Acer sucks. Toshiba is awesome. Sorry. :P

3:

3: Avatar
...xD

Dedicated Member

June 2006
xmsteel Avatar
Though everything in an acer is made by toshiba. If you don't believe me, buy one, open it up, and look who makes the HDD, the disk drive, and the mother board.

Apple.

This is pretty cool though. I have a Toshiba and I've been wanting to get Windows 7. Hopefully they do the same for me.

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
I'd still get a Macbook, or a Mac. :P

But anyway, yeah. Toshibas are so much better than Acers, Acers really annoy me... =P

And, yes; I am giving an opinion without giving reasons. =)

Last Edit: Nov 29, 2009 7:23:04 GMT by iiPod
Looking for a coder, PM me.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
well i would count on it happening all the time. Some times you are lucky and get a nice tech that wont charge or will give you deal. but its always nice to get something free like that :)

newBookmarkLockedFalling