Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007

Comments and rates appreciated!

EDIT: Updated.

Last Edit: Dec 4, 2009 1:32:51 GMT by Quinine

perishingflames

perishingflames Avatar

Dedicated Member

March 2007
Colored fonts generally = bad, and that text below the header image is too hard to read.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
perishingflames Avatar
Colored fonts generally = bad, and that text below the header image is too hard to read.

I'm working on the header image and link colour, but... I don't understand what you mean by coloured fonts being bad.

MaD IcHaBoD HaTTeR

MaD IcHaBoD HaTTeR Avatar
Why is a raven like a writing table?

Official Member

November 2009
:: rate 4 ::

i like the color scheme. beige and maroon are great together and the gold accent's are a nice touch to blend the two together. the lines are a distraction tho.

a way you could fix it is by putting the lines in a different way like in the background going off in different directions and fading toward the middle of the background. you could add them as a separator between categories and such.

another idea is perhaps getting rid of the rounded cornors and putting it as uneven lines intersecting each other.

good luck

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Nice advice there Mad Hatter. I'll try to incorporate it. But for now can anyone provide more opinion?

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Adding on what was already said, never EVER use colored fonts in web or print design, anything that is meant to be read. Colored fonts can be pleasing visually, but they generally cause eye strain. It is possible to make it work weel, but it is incredibly difficult to do so.

Stick to monochrome font colors - white, gray, and black. It's just easier for everyone that way.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Oh, right. That's what you meant by coloured fonts >.< so should I change the banner too? And should links and staff colours change too?

Last Edit: Dec 11, 2009 6:20:27 GMT by Quinine

newBookmarkLockedFalling