Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

newfieldgrafix
How about adding something to upload to the archive, or something? It can't be too hard, since it's all open to the public. I thought we may as well have all the skins, etc. in one place, where uptime is pretty much 100%.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Dec 6, 2009 0:35:36 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
How about adding something to upload to the archive, or something? It can't be too hard, since it's all open to the public. I thought we may as well have all the skins, etc. in one place, where uptime is pretty much 100%.

wat

No, but really, I'm not sure what you mean. The Archive Board is more of a... trash board. It's where threads from old boards/old boards themselves get moved. It's where spam threads that should be "hidden" are moved. It's not really an archive of SZ's history or anything. :P That's the Notices board.

newfieldgrafix
Sorry, I meant upload resources to The Internet Archive at www.archive.org

It's flexibility and dedication to the sharing of resources really suits the stuff here in the Studio.

Last Edit: Dec 7, 2009 17:49:43 GMT by newfieldgrafix

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
o.O Oh. Ok, then I'm confused by the rest of your suggestion still. What exactly would we upload? All the skins are still available and stuff. (And they will be for v5 as well.)

newfieldgrafix
Pretty much everything. That way, if a service (either corporate or a member's personal server) goes offline for what ever reason, it wouldn't matter really, as it would be mirrored on the Archive, which is up pretty much 100% of the time.

It would take weight off like your server, etc.

A bit like the wImg uploader, but "Publish to Archive".

I'm sure they have code and what not. Or an Archiver can begin mirroring stuff.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I already have started making local copies of EVERYTHING that is submitted. I didn't get to wImg before it, but I had started after the RipWay fiasco.

newBookmarkLockedFalling