Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Well, I finally caved. Today I walked into the apple store with a broken Samsung BlackJack I and walked out with a 16gb iPhone 3GS.

About six months ago, my BJ stopped making and receiving calls properly. I'd dial a number but get no dial tone. The call would connect, but I wouldn't hear the other person, and they wouldn't hear me.

Last night, I backed up my phone (like I do regularly) and decided to purge some text messages since my texting application was getting pretty slow. I deleted about 8,000 (max i've had stored on my phone is 17,000 - holy shit!). Whenever I do something like that, my phone has to rebuild the database of texts. I let it run overnight because it usually takes an hour or so, and it was late.

When I woke up this morning, my phone was completely frozen. No buttons worked, including the power button. Took the battery out, put it back in, and it seemed fine.. until i tried to compose a text, at which point the phone froze again.

I left it frozen, in my pocket, during school. At one point, i felt it vibrate. When I looked at it, an error message had popped up - "INAVLID SIM. YOUR SIM CARD IS EITHER MISSING OR INVALID. YOU MAY STILL BE ABLE TO MAKE EMERGENCY CALLS IF YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER SUPPORTS IT."

FUUUUUU-

So I decided I'd had enough. I went into AT&T and picked up an iPhone 3GS. Problem solved, and I'm a very happy customer.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Eh. You didn't re-up with AT&T to get a discount on the iPhone, did you? I've been with AT&T for almost a year now and they are just... awful. =\ I really wish I had stayed with Sprint.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
AT&T only service that works in town where i live. Verizon doesn't work in town at all, dont know about anyone else but the plans wasn't the cheapest so at&t was the pick *shrugs* I thinking next summer of upgrading to the 3GS

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
...my post disappeared? Repost!

I've got Verizon. They're not bad. I mean, I don't love 'em, but I get better reception than anyone I know. As good as the commercials suggest? Nah. But still good (where I live, no other provider would work).

Not to hijack your thread, but a similar thing happened to me last night. I have a new BlackBerry Storm2 and it's awesome, but after a botched (somehow) install of a theme, my phone got an error and I could click nothing (though the screen was still "clicky"). A couple minutes later, it locked up. After that, it managed to reset itself and restarted, working fine. I got lucky with that one.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Josh Avatar
Eh. You didn't re-up with AT&T to get a discount on the iPhone, did you? I've been with AT&T for almost a year now and they are just... awful. =\ I really wish I had stayed with Sprint.

Actually, when you've been a customer with them since 1990 (and gone through several buyouts), they tend to treat you a lot better. For instance, after my mom got sick, we had a $900 phone bill. We called them up, explained it, and they upgraded our package for THAT billing period, reducing the bill to just under $200. It pays off to stick with a company.

xmsteel Avatar
Benjamin Avatar
She gave me the crappy Razr which has a battery that doesnt work unless its plugged in, and texting freezes.

What a POS.

I thought you didn't want a cell phone? :P

Lucifer Avatar
After that, it managed to reset itself and restarted, working fine. I got lucky with that one.

Yeah, you did. One time, when installing a theme on my BJ, i managed to ruin the rom and had to format my phone. no joke.

Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Pics, Xuzi. Also place a scrap piece of paper with the words "Studio Zero" in the capture so we can be sure.

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
xmsteel Avatar
Benjamin Avatar

I thought you didn't want a cell phone? :P

I don't. It doesn't have service, and I knew that. I just said I'd take it when she got her new one.

Tbh, I like to collect/take apart electronics. If you don't believe me, I'll take some pictures proving it. ;)

Ah, that makes sense. So it was more of a thing of you wanted it, but you didn't. You wanted it to take apart, but you didn't want it because it was a cellphone, correct? And pics (with SZ/Studio Zero somewhere in the pic.) or it didn't happen.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008

omg
the ever elusive hand of Xuzi revealed!

Hoorah!!!

(Sorry, hopped on sugar right now. lol)

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Do you actually do anything with the stuff you tear apart, or do you just rip it apart for fun? Not that it matters. I'm just curious.

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar
Do you actually do anything with the stuff you tear apart, or do you just rip it apart for fun? Not that it matters. I'm just curious.

Both actually.

That fan in the picture next to the razr, I'm adding to a laptop cooling fan. I took apart my xbox that blew up, and currently have its HD, planning to use it as a external for a PC.

The rest, is just crap.

I have to say, that's pretty cool. What are you going to do with the razr when you take it apart?

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Benjamin Avatar

About six months ago, my BJ stopped... and I'm a very happy customer.

I'm so sorry to hear that Ben. :(

On a serious note though, I'm very very very jealous of your Iphone.

newBookmarkLockedFalling