Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

newfieldgrafix
'Grats dude. Just don't ever come to the UK, gas here is through the fricken' roof!

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Gas prices have been pretty decent around the US, lately. I'll give it about one year max before that shoots through the roof too, though.

Oh, and congrats on the license! I would like to please request that you ALWAYS USE YOUR BLINKER WHEN YOU CAN. That is my #1 pet-peeve against other drivers. If you are turning, use your blinker, and use it well it advance.
wat

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
No, the worst is when you have a truck in front of you (I drive a medium sized car) and they're going full speed, then all of the sudden they changes lanes into a turn lane, leaving you staring at a wall of cars right in front of you that you had no idea were there.

Aside from that, 'grats on the license.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Eric Avatar
No, the worst is when you have a truck in front of you (I drive a medium sized car) and they're going full speed, then all of the sudden they changes lanes into a turn lane, leaving you staring at a wall of cars right in front of you that you had no idea were there.

Aside from that, 'grats on the license.

That doesnt make sense...

If he is going full speed, and moved, how does that affect you? The cars infront of you would obviously be way ahead if the truck can go so fast...
No, because it's (typically) at a light that just turned green for instance. He's planning on going in the left turn lane, so even if there's only a car's space in the lane to right of the turn lane, he can slide by no problem at full speed.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
What's really fun is when you're stuck behind a tall truck at a traffic light when it turns green. Then, as you're passing through the intersection, you realize that the truck in front of you was borderline running the red light, and you just blatantly ran it cuz you couldn't see the light through that big freakin' hunk of metal. What's even more fun is when this is at an intersection in a school zone right next to the school right after said school just let out.
wat

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Scorpian Avatar
What's really fun is when you're stuck behind a tall truck at a traffic light when it turns green. Then, as you're passing through the intersection, you realize that the truck in front of you was borderline running the red light, and you just blatantly ran it cuz you couldn't see the light through that big freakin' hunk of metal. What's even more fun is when this is at an intersection in a school zone right next to the school right after said school just let out.
I've only done the really fun part, not the more fun part.

newfieldgrafix
Scorpian Avatar
Gas prices have been pretty decent around the US, lately. I'll give it about one year max before that shoots through the roof too, though.

Oh, and congrats on the license! I would like to please request that you ALWAYS USE YOUR BLINKER WHEN YOU CAN. That is my #1 pet-peeve against other drivers. If you are turning, use your blinker, and use it well it advance.

Not far off $9 per gallon here, Scorpy.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Dec 13, 2009 6:03:59 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Scorpian Avatar

Not far off $9 per gallon here, Scorpy.

Please be more specific with your "roof" references. I was referring to the roof of a standard, two-story house. $9/gallon would qualify as the roof of a downtown office building. >.<
wat

newfieldgrafix
I thought you were referring to gasoline prices, sorry.

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Cool story bro...

lol, but on a serious note gratz on getting your license I remember how excited I was last year to finally be able to drive on my own. :) Have fun out there, but be safe as well!

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I failed my first time, so congrats on that. Irony is that I'm one of the best, safest drivers I know. Seriously. I got skillz.

Tobias

Tobias Avatar

Dedicated Member

November 2006
Lucifer Avatar
I failed my first time, so congrats on that. Irony is that I'm one of the best, safest drivers I know. Seriously. I got skillz.
Same thing here. My instructor was so nitpicky.
Light changed to yellow while I was in the intersection, so he failed me. wtf. ???
#intj (Mastermind)^

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
You're supposed to get auto-failed if you make a move that's considered "dangerous" or "illegal". Going through an intersection as the light changes from green to yellow is neither...

The "wtf." at the end of that post does indeed deserve to be there. I'm baffled, too. =/

Last Edit: Dec 14, 2009 21:03:04 GMT by Scorpian
wat

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Scorpian Avatar
You're supposed to get auto-failed if you make a move that's considered "dangerous" or "illegal". Going through an intersection as the light changes from green to yellow is neither...

The "wtf." at the end of that post does indeed deserve to be there. I'm baffled, too. =/

So...

If I didn't pull over into the lane like he said, I would get points off (which I did get points off), or I could run into the side of them, like he said, and get auto-failed.

NICE.

OR if you put your signal on and gave enough notice, some people ARE actually nice enough to let you over. Its shocking but it does happen on occasion in today's society.

newfieldgrafix
If they go too fast for you, the questions that should be asked...

1. Are you fit to drive?
2. Will you be safe on the roads?
And
3. Will you endanger others by lack of confidence?

Freeways are freeways, go with the flow, or it's a no...

newBookmarkLockedFalling