Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Moose

Moose Avatar

August 2005
What would you say is the best portable mp3 player one can own? I have an older Zune and wondering if I should reconsider...
Greg says:
Coding music...
Greg says:
Hmm...
Greg says:
I wouldn't rule it out. :P
Chris 3.0 [New features? Yes.] says:
:P
Greg says:
If you think about machine code it's a bunch of 1s and 0s
Anything is possible.
Greg says:
Yeah try to code Metallica
:P Yeah, I'll get right on that... right after I learn to fly.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
I've got an iPod classic, its been pretty much all I want in an mp3 player; hassle free syncing, long battery life.

I used to have a creative Zen Micro, which wasn't too bad. Replaced it because it wouldn't hold all my music or play movies.

I'd like to get an iPod Touch/iPhone though, but they're far to expensive right now.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Zune HD. No argument against this fact is permitted. It is simply superior to everything else.

I mean it. The screen's picture quality is nothing short of amazing. It also has the absolute best sound quality I've ever heard on a portable device. I've actually let a couple of other people listen to stuff on it and every single one of 'em has told me "Dude, that's way better than the iPod". On top of all that, it's a really sexy piece of hardware. Microsoft really outdid themselves with this thing.
wat

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Scorpian Avatar
Zune HD. No argument against this fact is permitted. It is simply superior to everything else.

I mean it. The screen's picture quality is nothing short of amazing. It also has the absolute best sound quality I've ever heard on a portable device. I've actually let a couple of other people listen to stuff on it and every single one of 'em has told me "Dude, that's way better than the iPod". On top of all that, it's a really sexy piece of hardware. Microsoft really outdid themselves with this thing.

While I don't doubt its a good device, why do they advertise the radio as a major feature?

Do people still listen to the radio?

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Nothing is a easy to use as an iPod. Plus it is the original MP3 player.

I like the 3rd gen iPod Nano. I personally have a 2nd Gen ipod Nano..

My sister has a shuffle, and it's pretty nice for using when you are biking, running, etc.

There were many, many, many MP3 players before the iPod...

That said, I sport a 120GB iPod Classic. Would like to upgrade to a Zune HD but there is no Mac compatibility, so that won't be happening.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
When it comes right down to it, you can get an iPod or a Zune. Not that there aren't other options, but if you're serious about music and have a lot, these are the two you're going to inevitably look at. And what it comes down to is your personal preference. Personally, I like Zunes. I love mine and will get another when I get a bigger one (mine has been full for months and it's depressing because my hard drive has a few thousand more songs on it). Others love iPod's and swear by them. I've found that iPod's tend to be a bit more reliable with their software (on the actual device, anyway, and on computer if you're running a Mac). Zune's tend to have better hardware (and amazing earbuds). Not that iPod's are shitty. Zune's are just a bit more durable and better designed (in MY experience--I've had both). And not that the Zune has faulty software. It's just not AS responsive all the time (especially with a full hard drive).

For me, I liked the customizability (ie: wallpapers) on the Zune and the more durable design. Others find the click wheel and familiarity of the iPod better.

So that's my 2 cents. It probably didn't help a whole lot, but you really can't go wrong with either. I could be entirely happy with an iPod. I just prefer the Zune when I have the choice. So don't think too hard about it. If you like your Zune, get another. If you wanna try an iPod, don't let anyone's opinion stop you.

Tobias

Tobias Avatar

Dedicated Member

November 2006
Delicious Zune HD.
Will be getting one for Christmas. Getting gift cards from all my relatives so I can pool the monies.
#intj (Mastermind)^

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
My favorite is kind of unknown, but that's okay, that just really means that it's more affordable. www.academicsuperstore.com/products/ARCHOS/Portable+Multimedia+Player/1372499

newBookmarkLockedFalling