Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

NinthJake

NinthJake Avatar
The Ninth

Official Member

November 2009
New Skin.

I decided that I wanted to do something new with a christmas theme =D

Tell me what you think.

NinthJake

NinthJake Avatar
The Ninth

Official Member

November 2009
Thank you Xuzi :D

I put a good amount of work into this one. Took me three days to finish it. About 5 hours or so in total because I kept changing things that did not look good.

I know that I forgot some things here and there and I did not have time to fill it up completely because I had to go somewhere.

I am also a bit unsure about the colors but overall, I am quite happy with it =D

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Seriously? What is this?

This looks completely unlike any of your other work, it's much worse and tackier.

The banner is horribly tacky. The font is unsuitable and the 1px black stroke looks horrendously out of place. The tree looks really bad in that it doesn't look as smooth as the snow and it also has a 1px stroke. As well as that the tree stump looks like it was made in paint and the baubles look like a circle with a gradient overlay. The shadow looks like a glow, and it seems more intense than the other ones in the picture.
- Banner SCORE (✔✖✖✖✖)

The side table is even worse than the banner. It is supposed to look like a candle but it's just a failed 3D attempt. You did a beautiful photorealistic globe, couldn't you have also done one for the candle and copied it in? The avatar and stars are misaligned, fonts are inconsistent and the whole table is incomplete, requiring more filler text.
- Side Table SCORE (✖✖✖✖✖)

Now for the main body. It's slightly better than the others, but still below average. The navigation bar is nice, however, as are the head images (although the absence of base images is quite noticeable, and the snow is quite ugly). Why couldn't you have just used the baubles in the head images on the banner? The board mod is unfinished and other than that there is nothing else of importance to comment about.
- Main Body SCORE (✔✔✖✖✖)

- OVERALL SCORE (✔✖✖✖✖)

Last Edit: Dec 14, 2009 8:47:19 GMT by Quinine

NinthJake

NinthJake Avatar
The Ninth

Official Member

November 2009
Ummm... Sorry? I just wanted to do something original for the side table and mind you, snow is kinda hard to make.

Yes I should have made the banner better but I focused harder on the other graphics since the banner is going to be replaced by the board owner anyway.

I'll try harder the next time then.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Look, I'm really sorry. I have a rep for being harsh and I was really pissed off with a family member last night, and I guess I just took it out on you. As well as that I tend to focus on negative criticism. If you'd explained that the banner were going to be replaced I would've been a lot less harsh on the whole. >.< Sorry once more.

NinthJake

NinthJake Avatar
The Ninth

Official Member

November 2009
Quinine Avatar
Look, I'm really sorry. I have a rep for being harsh and I was really pissed off with a family member last night, and I guess I just took it out on you. As well as that I tend to focus on negative criticism. If you'd explained that the banner were going to be replaced I would've been a lot less harsh on the whole. >.< Sorry once more.

It's cool man :D

I didn't really take it badly. All criticism is good criticism. :D

newBookmarkLockedFalling