Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
Hello there ^___^ I'm Torque, or rather Torque the Dork ... but that's too long to type D: I decided to join up because I'm always using codes from this place and think it's time that I start trying to give back to the place that's helped me out so many times.

Erm well ... I'm 16, female, and on my school's Robotics Team D: I bug Dregond Rahl a lot, because he's cooler than me, and ride horses. I've been doing graphic design using Gimp for a while, but really want CS3 or CS4 P: I'm on the Programming team for Robotics, so I'm going to be learning C++ hopefully and Java. I really wanna learn XHTML too. I plan on going to college for Astrophysics. And erm, well, that's me. O_o

/end awkward paragraphs D:
[/size][/blockquote][/color]
Signature coming~

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
If you get the hang of C++, you'll have no problem with XHTML since it's a markup language. :P Glad to see high schoolers that take interest in programming... takes me back to my old days (aka last year.)

Welcome to the Studio. :)

P.S. If I make a physics joke in relationship to your name, I apologize. I'm currently studying for my physics final. >.< So, expect something along the lines of "Hey distance-cross-force!" instead.

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
hey Torque you seem pretty awesome :)

Welcome to Studio Zero and if there is anything you need let me know.

p.s. Tell Dreggy I said hi. I miss talking to him :P

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Chris Avatar
If you get the hang of C++, you'll have no problem with XHTML since it's a markup language. :P Glad to see high schoolers that take interest in programming... takes me back to my old days (aka last year.)

P.S. If I make a physics joke in relationship to your name, I apologize. I'm currently studying for my physics final. >.< So, expect something along the lines of "Hey distance-cross-force!" instead.

xD my name is a Physics joke, so feel free to crack whatever jokes you want <3 and seriously? 8D You're going to college for Physics? Lucky! I'm dying in advanced Biology (hate bio) just so I can take AP Physics >__> We should switch places for serious. Whoooo enough of the life story xD Thanks for welcoming me in :)

hey Torque you seem pretty awesome :)

Welcome to Studio Zero and if there is anything you need let me know.

p.s. Tell Dreggy I said hi. I miss talking to him :P

[/size]
Signature coming~

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
xmsteel Avatar
*Ignoring you said 16 year old female*

Welcome to SZ! Enjoy your time here! :D

O_o why are you ignoring the fact?

Signature coming~

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Twerque Avatar
Chris Avatar

xD my name is a Physics joke, so feel free to crack whatever jokes you want <3 and seriously? 8D You're going to college for Physics? Lucky! I'm dying in advanced Biology (hate bio) just so I can take AP Physics >__> We should switch places for serious. Whoooo enough of the life story xD Thanks for welcoming me in :)

I may have to call you DxF from now on then. That or I-alpha. (Too many physics references? I've got more if need be. :P)

Going to college for physics? Pssh. Comp sci major probably. :P We just have general requirements. My course load this semester was Newtonian Mechanics/Physics I, Intro to Biology with focus on genetics, multivariable calculus, and reading fiction. Yay for gen reqs.

And I get where you're coming from... I loved physics (no AP at my school) and AP chem and stuff in high school, but I couldn't stand AP bio. :P Can't stand it in college either, so that's why I'm getting it out of the way.

And sometimes it's just best to ignore Xuzi's comments. o.O Like that one.

Last Edit: Dec 15, 2009 0:30:29 GMT by Chris

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Chris Avatar
Twerque Avatar

I may have to call you DxF from now on then. That or I-alpha. (Too many physics references? I've got more if need be. :P)

Going to college for physics? Pssh. Comp sci major probably. :P We just have general requirements. My course load this semester was Newtonian Mechanics/Physics I, Intro to Biology with focus on genetics, multivariable calculus, and reading fiction. Yay for gen reqs.

And I get where you're coming from... I loved physics (no AP at my school) and AP chem and stuff in high school, but I couldn't stand AP bio. :P Can't stand it in college either, so that's why I'm getting it out of the way.

Oooooh psh. Too many Physics references? This is amazing. I've been starved of Physics D: You are now officially one of the most awesome people I've met online xD And that's like almost my dream schedule ... only minus the Bio D8< -stabs Biology- Bah. Add in Astronomy, or an Astrophysics class.

xD bahaha, I'm only taking AP Physics .. no other AP/Honors classes for me -__- Not for lack of ability, but more for lack of wanting the work. I'm extremely lazy. Though this means I'll have no chance of getting into MIT, which is where most of the people of my Robotics Team are going I think xD I'm stuck with Boston University... Hopefully.

D: and alright, I'll take your word for it. o-o
[/size]
Signature coming~

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Twerque Avatar
Chris Avatar

Oooooh psh. Too many Physics references? This is amazing. I've been starved of Physics D: You are now officially one of the most awesome people I've met online xD And that's like almost my dream schedule ... only minus the Bio D8< -stabs Biology- Bah. Add in Astronomy, or an Astrophysics class.

xD bahaha, I'm only taking AP Physics .. no other AP/Honors classes for me -__- Not for lack of ability, but more for lack of wanting the work. I'm extremely lazy. Though this means I'll have no chance of getting into MIT, which is where most of the people of my Robotics Team are going I think xD I'm stuck with Boston University... Hopefully.

[/size][/quote]

Funny story... I'm at MIT actually. :P My recommendation would be BC over BU actually, mainly because BU girls have a certain... reputation, but that's a story for another time. If you actually wanted to try for MIT, it's a lot easier to get into than it sounds as long as you can handle a large work load. Won't go into details now. :P Not worth it.

And the MIT part is why I have too many physics references. And I hate bio as well (think I said that before), so that's why I'm online posting on SZ instead of studying for that final. :P Whoops.

Last Edit: Dec 15, 2009 19:35:29 GMT by Chris

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
You're on the robotics team? That's incredibly badass. I tried creating a robot as a sideproject in my electronics class. Just a super simple circuit board on wheels that could be controlled remotely. Was able to get the wheels to spin or the wheels to turn, but never would they work during the same test. Stupid thing. My teacher ended up taking the class outside and strapping it to a firecracker and blowing it up along with some other failed projects. lol

Anyways, welcome to SZ. :)

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Josh Avatar
You're on the robotics team? That's incredibly badass. I tried creating a robot as a sideproject in my electronics class. Just a super simple circuit board on wheels that could be controlled remotely. Was able to get the wheels to spin or the wheels to turn, but never would they work during the same test. Stupid thing. My teacher ended up taking the class outside and strapping it to a firecracker and blowing it up along with some other failed projects. lol

Anyways, welcome to SZ. :)

Thanks :) Yep, I'm on a FIRST Robotics team in fact 8D (me in my robotics shirt >83) We're getting ready to go into build season so I'm pretty damn psyched. I'm on Programming so I'll be learning C++, Java, and how to work in Lab View ^__^ Can't wait <3 And really? Haha, I wouldn't be able to build a robot on my own I don't think xD You prolly did waaaay more than I could.

And holy jesus O_o really? I wish teachers at my acadamy were like that D; instead they all hate me and think that there's no hope.

Chris Avatar
Twerque Avatar

[/quote]

Funny story... I'm at MIT actually. :P My recommendation would be BC over BU actually, mainly because BU girls have a certain... reputation, but that's a story for another time. If you actually wanted to try for MIT, it's a lot easier to get into than it sounds as long as you can handle a large work load. Won't go into details now. :P Not worth it.

And the MIT part is why I have too many physics references. And I hate bio as well (think I said that before), so that's why I'm online posting on SZ instead of studying for that final. :P Whoops.[/quote]

Freakin' awesomesauce dude D8 If you were at MIT last year, then maybe you hear of my FIRST Team? They apparently went there or something. MIT gives us a lot of money and crap. BC? -goes to look up- Might take your word for it if they have a good Astrophysics program P: And I can handle a large workload xD thing is I just don't want to. I would, though, if it was for something I enjoyed -hence why I'm going into AP Physics-

xP ahaha, that's why I'm online too- avoiding my Bio project and not studying. D: I'm a naughty nerd </3[/blockquote][/size]
Signature coming~

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Twerque Avatar

Thanks :) Yep, I'm on a FIRST Robotics team in fact 8D (me in my robotics shirt >83) We're getting ready to go into build season so I'm pretty damn psyched. I'm on Programming so I'll be learning C++, Java, and how to work in Lab View ^__^ Can't wait <3 And really? Haha, I wouldn't be able to build a robot on my own I don't think xD You prolly did waaaay more than I could.

And holy jesus O_o really? I wish teachers at my acadamy were like that D; instead they all hate me and think that there's no hope.
[/size][/quote]
Yeah, I used some stock software that a previous student had used since I know next to nothing about programming. My teacher let me use it. I think I could have gotten it to work if I had cheated and used two different radio signals (one of steering, one for the motors), but I hadn't thought of that back then.

And yeah, the teacher was ridiculously awesome. He had a black hole budget, for the most part, so we had really advanced pieces of equipment ($10,000 circuit board software? Check. $50,000 circuit board creator? Check.) and he let us do dumb things like create giant solder balls all the time. He got a little angry when we made a five pound ball, though. Said that we should have called him over. haha.

We also set off bottle rockets one day to study trajectories and propulsion to build our own rockets with deployable parachutes. Sadly, the district found out about that one and put their foots down before someone blew themselves up. haha

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Nah, I'm a freshman at MIT. :P Don't know anything about that stuff from last year unfortunately.

newBookmarkLockedFalling