Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
store.steampowered.com/news/3237/

Be careful with that announcement since roughly half of it is nothing but Valve describing what Left 4 Dead 2 is and why it's awesome. The rest of it, though, describes the first add-on (DLC) that they're going to release.

To sum it up, it's called "The Passing". In it, the original L4D survivors will meet up with the new L4D2 survivors. Additionally, a new "uncommon common" infected and two new weapons (one melee and one firearm) will be released. Naturally, Valve will throw in some new competitive maps, as well.

Pricing is currently TBA, but I'm pretty sure we can safely guess that the PC DLC will be free. Valve releases large updates to its games all the time and never charges for any of them. The 360 version, on the other hand, is anybody's guess.
wat

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I like it. :P L4D2 needs new content because, unfortunately (and probably only in my opinion), some of the new campaign maps just aren't fun to play. In L4D1 all the campaigns were great, but in the 2nd, I easily hate two of the five campaigns, if not more.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I've only tried the demo for this game and have never played the first.
Reason being I was never a fan of fps games, but now I am, and I rather liked the demo.

{blanka}

{blanka} Avatar

ProNation

March 2007
Wait can you actually play with the characters in the first game? I've only played the second but not the first so I wouldn't know anyways. And obviously, the 360 version will have to be purchase (800 MS points I'm guessing) because MS has a weird policies on DLC.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
{blanka} Avatar
Wait can you actually play with the characters in the first game? I've only played the second but not the first so I wouldn't know anyways. And obviously, the 360 version will have to be purchase (800 MS points I'm guessing) because MS has a weird policies on DLC.

It's called being "money whores".
Can't blame them for taking advantage of making money from those willing to spend it though.
People only have themselves to blame :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling