Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
So I'm in the DA art shop, looking at getting some prints done and I'm left wondering about the difference between paper and print. I did a google search and read a couple of things, but none of them really explained it too well and they said that it really depends on the piece being printed.

I was hoping someone here could shed some light. Also, I figured I'd give an example of what I was looking at to see if someone might explain to me why it should be on paper or why it should be on print, so that I can use that as a reference for any others I might choose.

The print:
www.deviantart.com/print/8024712/?utm_source=DA&utm_medium=DP&utm_campaign=DA_DP_BuyThisPrint-Bottom_121009&utm_content=BuyThisPrint-Bottom

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Canvas should last longer. I'm not talking one will last 5 months and the other 6, one will last a few years, and canvas will last quite a bit longer. Paper prints are shiny/glossy, whereas Canvas prints should have next to no shine to them at all (i.e. matte).

There is another thing. But I can't remember right now. Perhaps in the morning when I am not dead tired. lol

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Thanks for the response.

So for the one I posted that would probably go better on paper due to the high contrast and bright colors?

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Yeah, you'll likely want paper. It would probably have a more traditional feel to it if you were to use canvas, more like a painting.

newBookmarkLockedFalling