Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
So, apparently my brother is a dumbass. He got his license in April and had only driven once or twice in snow previous to that. Well, today he was driving home from school with two friends. He was on the next street over and was going 30-35 mph in a 25 mph zone (All side streets are 25). For those of you who don't know, we drive on the right side of the road. Yeah. He hit a tree on the left side of the road with the right front corner of his car. Yes. Picture that, he hit the left side of the road with the right side of his car. He must have really been speeding to manage that one.

So yeah, any snowy driving stories? Are you any good driving in it? Do you have the common sense to go slower than the speed limit on snow/ice?

newfieldgrafix
A little ice on the road brings England to its knees!

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Thank God I learned to drive in the snow.

...and then learned to get my car sideways and come out of it. Hell yeah parking lots. And later roads with nobody on them...

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
i'm pretty good driving in the snow and what not but you know stuff happens, i have skidded into a snow bank due to ice when slowing down for a stop. was also driving my ex home one time i notice some ice patches up ahead slowed down and hit a covered patch told to her to hang on and car ended up doing a 180 or so over to the other side of road in the ditch and got that car stuck good. but i handle both oops very way and no damage and no hurt ^_^

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Like James, I actually learned how to drive in the snow, and even in a blizzard once. Naturally, I'm really good at winter driving.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I got my permit in October in a year it started snowing in November. :P I learned on snow. Keeps it fun.

We're about to get a blizzard on Christmas Eve/Day. Empty roads to drift in? Hell yeah.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
I have no chance of ever driving on snow where I live, unless global warming becomes global cooling.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
I've been driving for half a year [since i was fifteen and a half] on and off. I've only driven like four times or so. Once though I drove in a blizzard in an empty parking lot. I got up to live 25mph P: It was pretty fun. I think I actually like driving in the snow better than on a clear day. Keeps it entertaining and you thinking.
[/size]
Signature coming~

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
I got my permit in October in a year it started snowing in November. :P I learned on snow. Keeps it fun.

We're about to get a blizzard on Christmas Eve/Day. Empty roads to drift in? Hell yeah.

Interesting. We're expecting a blizzard here, too. Same night/day.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Chris Avatar

I can't, for the life of me, remember where you live. :P I want to say Indiana or Illinois though. If so, that's close enough as I'm probably off on when ours hit. We're currently in an ice storm anyway.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

I can't, for the life of me, remember where you live. :P I want to say Indiana or Illinois though. If so, that's close enough as I'm probably off on when ours hit. We're currently in an ice storm anyway.

Even though my profile here says Minnesota, I actually live in Singapore.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Chris Avatar

Even though my profile here says Minnesota, I actually live in Singapore.

And despite all the smilies I post, they really should have glasses because I'm blind and use a screen reader.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
What's this snow you speak of? I've yet to see it. No, seriously.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Eric Avatar

It looks something like this.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Eric Avatar

It looks something like this.
Ohhhhhh.

newBookmarkLockedFalling