Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007

i don't even think i can say anything to that. it's a solid color, with a default gradient poorly drawn on the background. what here, am i reviewing?

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Conor Avatar

i don't even think i can say anything to that. it's a solid color, with a default gradient poorly drawn on the background. what here, am i reviewing?

How do I make "custom" gradients? I moved around the little bar things on the premade one..

dude. GRADIENT TOOL. v_V
k

Justin

Justin Avatar
:)

July 2009
xmsteel Avatar
Andrew McGivery Avatar

dude. GRADIENT TOOL. v_V

DUDE. No crap. Thanks for the help.

DUDE. its this shit why noone likes you, all he was trying to do is help.
My signature
[/left][/i][/size]

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Justin Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

DUDE. No crap. Thanks for the help.

Actually I'd have to agree with Xuzi. Fredy's comment didn't really help at all. Clearly Xuzi has already found the gradient tool.

Anyways, when people use "custom" gradients typically they select two colors on the palette and then use the gradient tool to just make a gradient from those two colors. You have to use the select tool in order to get the area that you want.

You can experiment with gradients by adding a "highlight" in which you put a semi-transparent white part over a part of the gradient. Or you can put another gradient over it from white to transparent, then lowering the opacity on that some as well.

Another thing you can do is make a one pixel line of one color on the opposite side of the gradient (typically on the top side), which gives it a "raised" look.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Eric Avatar
Justin Avatar

Actually I'd have to agree with Xuzi. Fredy's comment didn't really help at all. Clearly Xuzi has already found the gradient tool.

Anyways, when people use "custom" gradients typically they select two colors on the palette and then use the gradient tool to just make a gradient from those two colors. You have to use the select tool in order to get the area that you want.

You can experiment with gradients by adding a "highlight" in which you put a semi-transparent white part over a part of the gradient. Or you can put another gradient over it from white to transparent, then lowering the opacity on that some as well.

Another thing you can do is make a one pixel line of one color on the opposite side of the gradient (typically on the top side), which gives it a "raised" look.

Thats what I meant, but definitely too lazy to type that out :P
k

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Andrew McGivery Avatar

Thats what I meant, but definitely too lazy to type that out :P

In that case, dont bother posting.

Thanks Eric for the help.

lol you are one to talk. Last time I checked you are the one that gets yelled at almost every day for posting retarded remarks in every friggin thread.

hypocrite.

k

virus™

virus™ Avatar
Are you ready??

Virus Infected
[img src="http://s1.images.proboards.com/warn_right.gif" width=108 height=12 src="http://s1.images.proboards.com/warn_middle.gif"]

October 2009
lmao what can i say? YOU NEED TO TRY HARDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol go to youtube check out the video tutorials for sigs and maybe you can actually make something worth looking at :P

virus detected 90% Harmful

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
virus™ Avatar
lmao what can i say? YOU NEED TO TRY HARDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol go to youtube check out the video tutorials for sigs and maybe you can actually make something worth looking at :P
Maybe something along the lines of what I said. That was not constructive in the least.

newBookmarkLockedFalling