Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
the times of old have gone and once again google seems to be taking over the internet.. the question is.. what are they trying to gain? as a public company my guess is money and although no one sees how big google actually is, you need to take a look past the surface of the search engine (which is one of the most powerfull on the net) and look deeper, they have defined their place in the world of the net. As far as we are concerned we only see google as a search engine but infact with all its new accessories google is becoming one of the biggest populated sites since the start of the net itself.

some of use don't tend to realise what is actually going on behind the scenes at google HQ, but i have found out a little information about what google are planning/have come out)

Google Maps UK

Google maps allows you to search any area of the UK with results showing on maps and street maps

This dynamic mapping feature provides U.K. users with an easier way to find location information, navigate through maps and get turn-by-turn directions. Google Maps offers easy navigation for users, who can simply drag the map to view the adjacent parts of a map without re-loading the page. The service is also integrated into Google Local UK, so that users looking for local information can immediately see the location of their search results on a map and find directions on how to get there from any given point.

quote by google

Google Local
offers comprehensive local information including business listings and related Web pages. Its advanced technology combines local business data from Yell.com, part of Yell's international directories business, with local information from Google's index of more than 8 billion Web documents. This innovative approach enables Google Local to provide local information that matches a user's search, without having to rely on pre-determined categories. Google Local UK also enables Google AdWords advertisers to reach customers searching for businesses, products and services in their area using locally targeted advertisements.

quote by google

Not only have they succeeded in the making of these products but also alot lot more just for starters everyone has heard of the Gmail project which last time i heard was running great....

google also have sites like cheatoogle for computer cheats
booble (i ain't saying that one lol)
froogle
etc... the list is endless of googles potential...

discuss your views on google and these projects here.

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
In 5 years time I predict that Google will be dominating the Internet.

It's already got the best search engine around, and it's the only one I use...and I also much prefer gmail over hotmail due to it's ease of access and use.

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
jamie85 said:
I also much prefer gmail over hotmail due to it's ease of access and use.

and its 2gb storage limit XD

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
Well hotmail's 250mb is big enough for me too, so that's not really an issue.

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
i just mainly use gmail for big files like if i'm sending php scripts that i wrote to people cos mine tend to be big files lol (i dunno what it is i just like babbling on in my scripts) and sending pictures too... and the fact that it is very well organised i tend to use gmail search quite alot

Proxima Centauri

Proxima Centauri Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
I can't wait for google TV. Read about it in the paper, within a year they aim to offer a paid service with paid channels, eg, moves, games, sports.. :D

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
They're not content with internet domination?

Ok, I now predict that in 20 years google will have expanded into most products you can think of! I find the thought of a google condom amusing :P

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
LOL! yeah google wanna take over the world.. look out bill gates huh lol

Boag

Boag Avatar
Yo Yo Ma!

Official Member

September 2005
Google are just expanding and diversifying, and it works - wouldn't suprise me if they take microsoft head on someday with offline software and even an OS. The sky's the limit as far as they're concerned since, undoubtedly, they have almost unlimited funds.

And to think it was all started by 2 guys...

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
So if I start a company I'll be half as rich as google? I'll take that!

(yes I do know my logic is completely retarded :P)

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
jamie85 said:
In 5 years time I predict that Google will be dominating the Internet.

It's already got the best search engine around, and it's the only one I use...and I also much prefer gmail over hotmail due to it's ease of access and use.

No way, 1 year max. They're missing a few features such as image/file hosting and website/forum hosting before they become the official internet rulers. And who knows when they'll get those features. Soon I'd guess.

craz

craz Avatar

Dedicated Member

September 2005
google is the best...only engine I ever use...
Ion displacement won't work in the basement
Especially when I'm not with you- Vampire Weekend

art+jams+fake+social

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
google are actually working on GoogOS so yeah they taking microsoft on big time.. lol

Mucleus

Mucleus Avatar
My big M will destroy you all :D

Official Member

September 2005
Booble isn't owned by Google... they had a big copyright battle. But the less said about it, the better!

Yes, I think Google have joined with Sun (hardware/software company?), I hope they uproot Microsoft, they deserve to.
Woo for Studio Zero. :)

FantasticSnowman

FantasticSnowman Avatar
Spark Your Imagination

September 2005
It's hard to predict what google will do next as so far all their new products have been those that no one expected.

newBookmarkLockedFalling