Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Not sure if a thread was already made about this and i overlooked it sorry if i did.

What is your new years resolution? Think you will be able to keep it or not?

Discuss, share, comment

Last Edit: Dec 25, 2009 23:51:21 GMT by Arucard

Jake

Jake Avatar

ProNation

December 2005
Fight for longer nap time sessions world wide. And fighting to get nap time for everyone!

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I never make resolutions. Resolutions are made to be broken. I don't think I've ever met someone who kept their resolutions.

Instead I maintain a list of goals year-long that I constantly work toward, making sure that I read the list every day. I also have a goal board with pictures of the things I would like my life to be filled with, just so that it's easier to imagine.

On a related note, I'm throwing a "Break Your Resolutions" party on january first. This is where people can break their most common resolutions:
1) Drink less
2) Smoke less
3) Don't hook up with random strangers

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Hey, am I invited to that party? :D

But, like Eric, I don't make resolutions, just goals. Except my goals aren't yearly. I'm patient and persistent and go at my own pace. However long it takes, it takes.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Hey, am I invited to that party? :D

But, like Eric, I don't make resolutions, just goals. Except my goals aren't yearly. I'm patient and persistent and go at my own pace. However long it takes, it takes.
Ah, my wording was crap. My goals aren't all year-long goals, rather I work at them throughout the whole year and most of the next and the next.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I'm with eric on this one. great idea for a party btw. I've stopped having goals though, much less resolutions, so on a related note:

--get on some anti-depressant/anxiety meds
--225 bench, 315 squat, 365 deadlift (think I posted this in last year's topic and didn't accomplish this :()

Last Edit: Dec 26, 2009 1:13:34 GMT by Ess Ohh

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Ess Ohh Avatar
--225 bench, 315 squat, 365 deadlift (think I posted this in last year's topic and didn't accomplish this :()

Someone's been taking their workout plan seriously. o.O

I don't do New Year's resolutions... kinda just do a similar plan to Eric. I make goals as I see fit. :P

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
hmm this year i'm going to set a goal to lose some weight (i need to) not really going to make it my "resolution"

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I'd recommend setting smaller goals that build up to the larger goal. The larger goal just seems huge, and with no real way of measuring your progress faith can be lost easily.

newBookmarkLockedFalling