Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_airline_attack_regulations

I'm so sick of airplane/airport security. It's such a hassle to fly anywhere now. Not being able to hold any carry on items in the last hour would suck so much. How the hell will I blow a whole hour?

I wish terrorists would just give up on taking down airplanes. Sure they're an easy target, but there are so many other potential targets. Buses, trains, malls, etc. None of which have very good security. Why do they insist on continuously going after airplanes? I just don't understand.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I don't really find the security a hassle going between Logan in Boston and Eppley in Omaha or Eppley and Denver International. Only "issue" I've had was my toothpaste container was too large. :P I fail to see why everyone complains about it... it's pretty efficient fmo what I've seen for the most part. Frankly, I spend more time in traffic getting to the airport than at security.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
I used to fly all the time- out of logan, to Miami florida (this was back when Daddy actually liked me and had me at his house during teh summer, vacations, christmas, etc.). I never really found security to be an issue. Once or twice it held me up (make-up can be such a hassle) but other than that it was pretty easy to get through P:

So, I'm with Chris. I don't see the point in all the complaining.
[/size]
Signature coming~

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Did ya'll read the article?

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I had a friend on that flight. He was in the Netherlands on a church thing and was coming home to celebrate Christmas today. =\

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Josh Avatar
I had a friend on that flight. He was in the Netherlands on a church thing and was coming home to celebrate Christmas today. =\
Wow, what are the chances?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
"Passengers on a flight from New York to Tampa Saturday morning were also told they must remain in their seats and couldn't have items in their laps, including laptops and pillows."

GODDAMN TERRORISTS USING PILLOWS FOR EVIL!!!

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Lucifer Avatar
"Passengers on a flight from New York to Tampa Saturday morning were also told they must remain in their seats and couldn't have items in their laps, including laptops and pillows."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yearud9w25o

They could be

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Josh Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yearud9w25o

They could be

Little Nikki?

---

Eric: Yeah, I read the article. :P I was just saying I never had any issues with security since that was part of your post. And add LaGuardia to my list. Forgot I had to go outside to go between terminals.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Currently no liquids are allowed (as far as I know), which was a hassle for me because I always would take a bottle or two of water on the plane. Now you have to spend $2 per bottle in the stands by the terminals.

I don't mind the speed, it doesn't really affect me that much. I'm just getting sick of the limits due to terrorists thinking creatively on how to bomb rather than where to bomb.

I guess I should be thankful that their focus has been on planes, since those have been getting thwarted fairly consistently, but it's getting rather annoying.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Eric Avatar
Currently no liquids are allowed (as far as I know), which was a hassle for me because I always would take a bottle or two of water on the plane. Now you have to spend $2 per bottle in the stands by the terminals.

I don't mind the speed, it doesn't really affect me that much. I'm just getting sick of the limits due to terrorists thinking creatively on how to bomb rather than where to bomb.

I guess I should be thankful that their focus has been on planes, since those have been getting thwarted fairly consistently, but it's getting rather annoying.

Liquids, while a bit more money, isn't that bad otherwise. :P But I think the reason they target planes is to pray on fears. People always have a small fear of flying, by limiting people from flying, they can limit a very essential portion of living for quite a few people.

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Chris Avatar
Eric Avatar

Liquids, while a bit more money, isn't that bad otherwise. :P But I think the reason they target planes is to pray on fears. People always have a small fear of flying, by limiting people from flying, they can limit a very essential portion of living for quite a few people.

Another reason they probably go after planes is for the destruction. Sure there are a lot of people in buses. trains and malls, but what if that isn't your target? A plane once you have control of it you can basically take it to crash into pretty much any target you please. You can't take a train off its tracks and a bus can easily be stopped without that many people getting hurt. A plane on the other hand isn't that easy to bring down without some catastrophic event.

Silent

Silent Avatar

Dedicated Member

September 2009
I still don't get why that guy was not in the "No Fly List."

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Hotshot Avatar
Chris Avatar

Another reason they probably go after planes is for the destruction. Sure there are a lot of people in buses. trains and malls, but what if that isn't your target? A plane once you have control of it you can basically take it to crash into pretty much any target you please. You can't take a train off its tracks and a bus can easily be stopped without that many people getting hurt. A plane on the other hand isn't that easy to bring down without some catastrophic event.
Planes can't really be steered by terrorists anymore. The only thing they can do it blow it up and hope that they cause some ground damage, but taking over the cockpit has pretty much been prevented.

newBookmarkLockedFalling