Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Now that I finally have free time to make changes to SZ, I've gone back and looked over some of my old to-do lists, and one was changing the Music board to an entertainment board. (It'd be separate from Video Games, since that board frankly holds its own activity fairly well.)

I want to hear your guys opinion on a few things:

1) Should we change the Music board to a general Entertainment board? Maybe a bit of elaboration on why if you feel like it. :P

2) What should "entertainment" include? Previous thoughts are movies, music, tv shows/anime, manga, and books. I also think I remember some discussion on things such as news and YouTube videos being posted there as well. Any discussion on this is great.

3) Do you like pie?

So yeah, discussion would be nice guys. :)

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
1) Sure
2) With bringing an option for Youtube video threads, you bring in the likeliness to be spammy. So I guess as long as the videos are limited to having a topic to be discussed that has some value to it, spamminess can be prevented
3) No

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
1) I've insisted on this since day one. :P
2) Not random news. If we make it too large, it could suck the life out of the CC. The Video Game and Debate boards at SSD killed Chillout and it took us months to resurrect it after we had dropped the subboards.

We should do music, movies, books (why not just merge the lit board with this board?), TV, and related videos. Anything else goes in CC or VG
3) Fuck yeah, I do. You brought up pie, you better have some for me. Or else.

Last Edit: Jan 4, 2010 11:07:43 GMT by Josh

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
1. Sure, but why not merge the VG board with it? It has enough activity to warrant it's own board, sure, but not enough that it NEEDS it's own board, ya know? I don't think it'd hurt to merge Music and Video Games and call it entertainment (of course, adding movies, anime, books, etc to the list).

2. It should just be what is obviously considered entertainment. Games, movies/shows, and books. Anything else and you get this big grey area where you have to decided if it's Entertainment or CC material. So don't put YouTube videos (unless they're directly related, such as Josh's movie trailer threads) and not news because that's not entertainment and it makes up half the CC (well, not really, but still). Also, rules would need to be lenient. What if it's Twilight related, but not specifically about the books/movies? Would it belong there or in the CC? Just sayin'...

3. I don't hate it, but I'm not a huge fan. All depends on the kind and how hungry I am.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
1. tl;dr
2. tl;dr
3. I love pie.
k

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Chris Avatar

1) Should we change the Music board to a general Entertainment board? Maybe a bit of elaboration on why if you feel like it. :P

2) What should "entertainment" include? Previous thoughts are movies, music, tv shows/anime, manga, and books. I also think I remember some discussion on things such as news and YouTube videos being posted there as well. Any discussion on this is great.

3) Do you like pie?

1 & 2. Yes, I think it would be more ideal for Topics of Music, Movies/shows. I would say books too but there is the board so if you would include books then you might as well merge the two together? Far as new and youtube videos should be posted in that board as long as the topics relates to the board i guess. ( no random videos due to it could turn into spam *shrugs* )

3. Yes ^_^

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
1) I am in two minds about this, because personally I think it could suck activity from the CC. On the other hand, I think it could work if you merged the music board with the VG one.

2) Depends how much activity it could suck out of the CC.

3) Yes, but not apple.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
1) Why was this not done in the first place?
2) You give me a board for anime/manga discussion and you have nothing to worry about, activity-wise.
3) No, not really. Cake is hella better. Remember what Jim Gaffigan said: pie just can't compete.
wat

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Scorpian Avatar
2) You give me a board for anime/manga discussion and you have nothing to worry about, activity-wise.
3) No, not really. Cake is hella better. Remember what Jim Gaffigan said: pie just can't compete.

Jim Gaffigan also has an unhealthy obsession with bacon. Can you really take his word on anything food related? :P

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Josh Avatar
Scorpian Avatar

Jim Gaffigan also has an unhealthy obsession with bacon. Can you really take his word on anything food related? :P

You'd better not be dissing bacon there, buddy.
wat

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I hate bacon. :P But even if I didn't, you have to admit his obsession is unheakthy

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I don't think the CC is active enough to the point where I could see an entertainment board being necessary...at this point anyway we could fit all those topics here. But there's nothing wrong with a trial run considering we have enough interest.

Last Edit: Jan 5, 2010 19:29:20 GMT by Ess Ohh

Justin

Justin Avatar
:)

July 2009
1.) Yes
2.) anything entertaining, Music, TV Shows, Movies, not books because those are lame :)
3.) what type of pie?
My signature
[/left][/i][/size]

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
We're going to go ahead and try to get the entertainment board up and running tonight. :)

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
It'll be open soon. Just spent two hours getting it ready. Just gotta wait for Chris to do some stuff on his end.

newBookmarkLockedFalling