Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
ITT we discuss music that isn't new (but not necessarily old, just not the fresh off the market stuff).

For instance, bands that used to be good. Or bands that still are good, but their old stuff is still awesome. Or bands that disbanded.

One of my favorites would have to be Third Eye Blind. The amount of good music they have produced is just incredible.

Continue.

Last Edit: Jan 7, 2010 2:56:30 GMT by Josh

nrich

nrich Avatar

Banned

October 2006
pixies

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I'm gonna look like a tool that only listens to popular music, but I really love Where Is My Mind by them. I think part of it is because I see the end of Fight Club in my mind whenever it's on.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
What the hell does "ITT" mean?

And I don't know a whole lot of old music that anyone else doesn't know. I basically listen to the classics. Unless you wanna talk metal. Then there's a LOT of good old music that a lot of people don't know. One of my favorite bands is Control Denied. Not actually that old, but it disbanded after Chuck Schuldiner died (founder of "Death"). Their one album was released in 1999 and it's one of those albums I can put on repeat and listen to 5 times over and still not be bored. It's just amazing. Best thing since cheese.

Another great band that also disbanded was The Union Underground. They released one album as well entitled An Education in Rebellion. I forget the year. But they were essentially a type of post-grunge, alternative, stoner metal. I don't know how to really classify them. Their best song (in my opinion) is South Texas Deathride. Give it a listen.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Lucifer Avatar
What the hell does "ITT" mean?

And I don't know a whole lot of old music that anyone else doesn't know. I basically listen to the classics. Unless you wanna talk metal. Then there's a LOT of good old music that a lot of people don't know. One of my favorite bands is Control Denied. Not actually that old, but it disbanded after Chuck Schuldiner died (founder of "Death"). Their one album was released in 1999 and it's one of those albums I can put on repeat and listen to 5 times over and still not be bored. It's just amazing. Best thing since cheese.

Another great band that also disbanded was The Union Underground. They released one album as well entitled An Education in Rebellion. I forget the year. But they were essentially a type of post-grunge, alternative, stoner metal. I don't know how to really classify them. Their best song (in my opinion) is South Texas Deathride. Give it a listen.

"ITT"-In This Thread

It doesn't have to be old music. Let's just say not in the past year or two.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I've actually got an older song on repeat right now. Ohio by Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

"Tin soldiers and Nixon's coming"

Such an amazing and powerful song. First time I ever heard this song was as I was first reading about the Massacre. There was a hint written in pen in the school history book saying to listen to the song while reading the section for a more powerful meaning. They were right, whoever they were.

nrich

nrich Avatar

Banned

October 2006
Eric Avatar
I'm gonna look like a tool that only listens to popular music, but I really love Where Is My Mind by them. I think part of it is because I see the end of Fight Club in my mind whenever it's on.

completely acceptable, its an excellent song and of course it made an excellent scene for that movie, but it's always bothered me when the rest of their material goes unnoticed

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I was on a Zeppelin streak earlier. Listened to Kashmir, All of My Love, Stairway, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, and Good Times, Bad Times. Was quite good for something different, you know?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
I was on a Zeppelin streak earlier. Listened to Kashmir, All of My Love, Stairway, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, and Good Times, Bad Times. Was quite good for something different, you know?

I love it when I go on Zeppelin kicks (I do every now and again) because there's so many good songs to choose from.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
lol. I know. I was listening to the WRIF on the way to class at like... 1:30 and they played All of my Love. I sat there and sung the entire song (I am seriously amazed I knew 90% of the words. lol) and then when I got to the school I started playing Kashmir on my iPod. Perfect way to get yourself in a decent enough mood to not fall asleep during 4 hours of lecture. lol

newBookmarkLockedFalling