Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Please tell me there are other people with good taste in music and know who these guys are.

If you don't, they're a French groove metal band out of...France. >.>

Currently, they're touring with Metallica and I've heard that a lot of people don't like them, but what can you expect from a bunch of losers who actually WANT to see Metallica live in 2009? Their new shit sucks and their old shit is ruined when they play it now. But that's neither here nor there.

Gojira has 4 albums out currently. Their first one is Terra Incognita, my favorite album of theirs because it was the most raw and experimental of all their albums (usually I don't like that stuff, but this album is SO good). Then is The Link which, though good, is easily forgettable compared to the others (in my opinion). After that is From Mars to Sirius which I happen to be listening to right now. It's a concept album about global warming. Political shit aside, it's an amazing album. All the songs are 6, 7, or 8 minutes long (some shorter, too), but unlike a lot of bands who do that, Gojira doesn't suck at it. They know just how much they can milk a riff or song before it gets boring. Every song is drawn out potentially as long as possible so it has a really ambient, droning atmosphere. It's a VERY good album, but not for a quick listen every now and again like most of their stuff (or most of anyone's stuff). Most reviews tend to criticize the song length, but if you want an album to play all the way through just to chill to or something (like I am right now), this album is so good. I can only imagine what it'd be like with drugs...but anyway. Their newest album came out last year and it's called The Way of All Flesh. It's basically a mix of Terra Incognita in its in-your-face metal style and From Mars to Sirius in terms of songwriting. It's a brilliant album and is easily held as one of their best (really, their best album comes down to opinion more than anything because, for the most part, they're all equally good in their own ways). Plus, Randy Blythe (of Lamb of God) does guest (lead) vocals on the song Adoration for None (one of the best off the album).

So yeah, you fuckers need to listen to this now or suffer my wrath.

Last Edit: Jan 7, 2010 2:52:49 GMT by Josh

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I stopped reading that giant paragraph about half way through. :P

Give me their top like 5 songs and I'll give them a listen. :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I can't list just 5 TOP songs, but here's 5 more or less random ones to check out:

Clone
Satan is a Lawyer
Flying Whales
Toxic Garbage Island
Adoration for None

And this:

metal-archives.com/band.php?id=18351

Last Edit: Oct 19, 2009 23:52:19 GMT by Lucifer

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I listened to the first two on your list and came to the conclusion that this isn't my type of metal.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
...I am now a sad panda.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Lucifer Avatar
...I am now a sad panda.

You're a panda? Shit. Didn't see that one coming.

newBookmarkLockedFalling